Options

2019 Black Tank Flush Fitting

I assume attach a dump station water hose and let it run awhile? Black valve open, gray valve closed.
-steve
2019 T@B 400
2018 Audi Q5
Sacramento CA

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Do you have something like a Flush King or are the 2019s coming with a new standard tank flush system?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SactoSteveSactoSteve Member Posts: 32
    2019 have a female hose fitting for flushing black tank. I am assuming this is just a fill point? When I attempted to use it I got significant leakage at the fitting. Which I attributed to abused dumpstation hose end, but made me think I should get more info in case there might be a valve somewhere that needed to be opened.  
    -steve
    2019 T@B 400
    2018 Audi Q5
    Sacramento CA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The 320 does not have built-in black tank flushing. You need to use a device that back flushes, like a Flush King (Valterra or Camco) or a wand that flushes through the toilet.

I believe the 400 has a black tank rinse connection but am not that familiar with it. Typically, you just connect a hose, fill, and and empty.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    @SactoSteve, how about a picture.  You know, we need to see the model changes every year:)
  • Options
    OK, now I know you have a 2019 400.  Please update your signature line as it will help to offer info.  I looked at a video of the 2019 400 and that is a nice little black tank flush!  Maybe they put a T into the black tank vent and are using it to fill and flush.  You are the first to discuss this!
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    The 400 comes with a proper black tank flush, where there are jets inside the tank. It is not a “T” in the vent. To use, close both waste gates, and fill the black tank, discharge & repeat, as needed. I would assume that some of the leakage is back pressure from a 3/4” hose to what ever tiny diameter hose is on the jets...just my thoughts on the matter, I have a 320...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Thanks @4ncar.  Where are the 400 waste tank vents located?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have a label at my black tank flush that says the discharge gate valve must be open in order to use the black tank flush. I hook a hose to the black tank flush and let it “whirl” away. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Well, yes, at some point it needs to drain! Lol
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited March 2019
    When I dump the black tank I empty it completely, hook up the dump station hose if they have a decent fitting, then let the interior nozzle flush do its thing with the valve open.  I also close the black tank valve during this process, continue to let the nozzle work it’s magic, let water build up inside the black tank and then open the valve to allow the water volume to remove any additional affluent that might have been missed earlier.  I repeat this process a couple of times and am confident that the tank is sufficiently cleaned out.  

I dont worry too much about this process (hooking up to the tank cleaning nozzle) if we have been traveling with material in the tank as the highway does a great job of stirring things up.  We also religiously use dish soap and some Downy fabric softener after the tank is dumped and it keeps the tank surface slippery for easier cleaning after breaking camp.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    Question please.
    My flush system works but the fitting on the exterior leaks at both the hose connection and around the tightening knob. Another hose washer might reduce or stop the hose leak, but how might one stop the other leak?
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2020
    yes, ours leaks a little also, depending on the pressure of the hose,  I use a 45lps pressure regulator on the hose shore water connection side, and that reduces the leak around the trailer fitting.  It is hard to get this one tight, a second wager or softer thick washer might help.  Anyway the leak is in the outside and a quick wipe of the trailer side cleans it up.  BTW It is just fresh water dripping from the hose connection..  B)

You need to close the drain gate valve, to allow water to accumulate in the tank which the jets will get swishing around in the tank, to help clean it out.  When tank is about 1/2 full, drain and repeat.  I find doing this twice does the job, and gets the hose clean too, with the extra clean water flush.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.