Options

Just Arrived

JTGJTG Member Posts: 3
Hello All, Just arrived home with a new 2018 320S Boondock.  I'm very excited.  Thanks for all you insights and suggestions which helped me make the move.  First question: the leveling arms don't quite reach the ground (tongue is completely down) - what am I missing?

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Due to the pitched axle, your Boondock has slightly higher clearance and the stabilizers don’t always reach the ground. Throw some spare blocks of wood under them. @ScottG uses those for LOTS of things. If you’re using Anderson leveler blocks and have spares, use them. Maybe semantics, but those are Stabilizers, not leveling arms, to be used to minimize movement when you’ve pitched camp and are moving around inside your trailer. We don’t use the stabilizers to level the trailer.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Welcome and congrats! I believe the stabilizers (they aren’t meant for leveling any real distance) on the Boondock are a little short, and typically require a support of some sort beneath them. Some use wood (2x6, I think?), some use one or more lego type stabilizer pads. If you look at pics of Boondock/Outback setups at campsites, you’ll see almost always see blocks below the stabilizers.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Whew hen I bought mine, it came with a set o father LEGO blocks as nucamp realizes the stabilizers will be too short. Look in all your cabinets, you may find them, otherwise ask your dealer...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @JTG welcome and congratulations! You’ve gotten great advice above. We look forward to hearing about your adventures! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @JTG, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer! Yes, blocks under the stabilizers, AFTER you've leveled it. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    JTGJTG Member Posts: 3
    Thanks all - for the great suggestions and clarification re: stabilizer vs. leveler!