Options

Alde Menu Button

Alde On button works but the Menu Button does not.  Is this a problem with the button itself?  From Standby I can touch the screen to get the display to light but no menu.  I have the last heat setting used.  Nothing else.  Any ideas?  Y'all are great!
STANDBY MODE / AFTER TOUCHING SCREEN 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited April 2019
    Is there a little green light visible within the ON button?
    Are you getting heat?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    This may not help, but it is worth a try.  

The manual says this in regards to resetting some of the faults that appear on the display, but you don't even have an error message.  I might try it anyway.

"To reset some of the faults and reboot, close the furnace from the control panel and disconnect the 120V to the vehicle and disconnect 12V from the furnace."

So turn off the Display, turn off all appliances, then unplug from shorepower, then turn your battery disconnect switch to off, then pull the 2 Alde fuses under the black cover, then disconnect the 12v wire.  Then after a few minutes, reinstall the fuses, then reconnect the 12v wire.  Then turn on your battery cut off switch.  Check to see if your display works.  If not, turn it off and you can return to shorepower. 

Just make sure that you get in the habit of turning everything off before disconnecting from shorepower.  If not, if the Alde is on when you disconnect shorepower, when you reconnect, you may get a surge of power that can blow the Alde fuses.
  • Options
    K9GRLK9GRL Member Posts: 4
    Yes green light and heat. I shall try the reset you described. Many thanks. 
  • Options
    K9GRLK9GRL Member Posts: 4
    Howdy, Touch Screen is still an issue.  It's fall - I'm thinking I really do want it to work properly!  NuCamp gave me part numbers for an Alde Circuit Board and the Touch Screen.  Anyone have any idea if I need one or the other or both?  Thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    I would start with the Touch Screen.  It sounds like the Alde works, you just can’t signal to control it.  
  • Options
    nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
    did you push the menu button? 
    2016 cs-s max
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited October 2019
    @K9GRL, since you started this thread back in April, have you not been using the Alde at all?  Have you contacted Alde about this issue?  What year/model T@B do you own?  Maybe it is still under warranty.

Assuming that you have already done as suggested by @nhmike (i.e., press the "MENU" button), have you tried pulling the Alde display panel from the wall to check for a loose wire?  That's where I would look, especially since one button works and the other does not.  I wish I had taken a closeup photo of the back side and wiring of that panel when I removed it once.  Maybe someone else reading this has a good photo they can post.  (My 320S is currently in storage.)  Below is a factory photo that shows the display panel hanging from the wall, but even after blowing it up, I cannot tell for sure how the wiring is connected to the back of the panel (i.e., whether it is a plug-in type connection, or the wires are connected to a terminal with a screw), but my recollection is that there is a single plastic plug-in connector.

It is also possible that there is a loose connection (in the wiring from the wall display panel) at the Alde boiler itself (located under the driver's side bench) - - I believe that the wiring is under the black cover located on the top of the boiler.  Sometimes, just jiggling or pushing in and properly seating wire connections that may have become dislodged will solve electrical problems like this.

If you are comfortable with removing the wall display panel or checking the wire connections at the Alde itself, you should first disconnect the 12V battery connection and 110 AC connection so you do not accidentally blow a fuse.  As I recall, the display panel is very easy to remove.  The outside cover pops off and there are a few screws behind that securing the display panel to the wall.  It's worth a try.  (Greg)

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    MarkSMarkS Member Posts: 7
    I'm having a similar problem.  The touch screen works, then doesn't, then works again.  Does anyone have an approximate cost on the panel?  Seems like replacing it is my next step.
  • Options
    @MarkS, I do not know the cost, but just to be clear (and I may simply be misunderstanding what is happening with your Alde display), are you saying that it goes dark, and then when you touch it, it lights up?  IF that is what you are describing, that just means it is going into the "Stand-by" mode when it turns black.  You can adjust the setting on the Alde menu if you don't want it to go dark when in "Stand-by."
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)

• Options
    @Bayliss, what I was seeing was the display would look like the picture on the right at the top of this thread.  Neither button was functional, it was just stuck in this mode.  I disconnected shore power and turned the battery disconnect switch to remove all power and reset the system.  Then it came back up.  I believe somewhere in my experiments I encountered the "lock up" again (buttons not functional) but left it alone and it worked next time I checked it.  

I currently have it set to 62degF and running in my driveway to build some confidence before our trip this week.  So far so good.  I'll see how it does in actual use on the road.  I ordered a 10 pack of the Alde fuses and I'm going to pack my multi-meter!
  • Options
    @MarkS, thanks for the additional info.  Good idea to have the extra fuses and multi-meter.  I do the same.  The only other thing I can suggest is that maybe you should pull the display off the wall and check that the wire plug in is tight/secure.  Disconnect the battery (or shut it off with the cutoff switch) before doing that, to avoid shorting it out yourself.  It could simply be loose and making a bad connection.  The same could happen at the other end of the display panel wiring that connects to the Alde itself, under the seating area.  Good luck.  Hopefully it was just a fluke and the problem will go away.

• Options
    @Bayliss, thanks for the tips.  I think you are right about removing the panel.  If I have another incident that will be my next thing to try!