Options

Alde question

So I'm testing & familiarizing myself with the alde at home for the first time.  Plugged in to house power with EMS surge protector- all is well & I have turned on the alde for heat on electric at setting 1-- I heard it start running within a few minutes & will see how long it takes to warm up.  Question- I'm still winterized so did not turn up the water -- the screen shows water heat in the middle of the bar-- I kept pushing the minus button to turn off the water heat but it won't turn off-- it stays in the middle of the little triangle for water heat setting-- is this normal?

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    lkc001 said:
    So I'm testing & familiarizing myself with the alde at home for the first time.  Plugged in to house power with EMS surge protector- all is well & I have turned on the alde for heat on electric at setting 1-- I heard it start running within a few minutes & will see how long it takes to warm up.  Question- I'm still winterized so did not turn up the water -- the screen shows water heat in the middle of the bar-- I kept pushing the minus button to turn off the water heat but it won't turn off-- it stays in the middle of the little triangle for water heat setting-- is this normal?

That is the hot water boost. Anytime the Alde is on you would have hot water if you have water in the pipes. Alde runs fine w/o water. Glycol is the heater fluid.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @RollingBnB Yes I knew that all the way up was the hot water boost just didn’t know if the hot water slider was always on— thanks for the quick answer!   I’m getting more familiar with this system hopefully will remember all the tips!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @lkc001, the water automatically heats to a default temperature and, as you experienced, you can not turn it off on the Alde display.  It will always default to the initial setting.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,422
    I don't believe the Alde has any way of "knowing" if there is water in the HW tank or not. Nor does it care, as heating the water is essentially a side effect of heating the glycol.
    I do agree the display is a little confusing. Even the analog (slider) panel only has two settings: "hot water only" or "heat and hot water"--there is no "heat only" setting.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    If you hit the menu button on the Alde digital display panel, touch the “gear” icon and it will bring you to “settings.”  You will see the up and down arrows....  Tap the down arrow 3 times and you will see various buttons.  Touch the “service” button and you can now see your current glycol temperature, water temperature, fan rotation RPM, etc.  

I use this screen a lot when traveling as it gives me current data and is a nice barometer for knowing when things are actually heating and for knowing when the shower is ready, etc.   

And you will know in a minute or two whether the Alde is starting to heat up instead of waiting 30-40 minutes before you feel heat. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York