Options

Another Alde Questions

Consider, please, this scenario. Cool night but expected to warm up in the wee hours. The Alde is set to a comfortable temp and is happily heating the T@B. As it warms up there is no further call from the thermostat for any heat. Does the system shut down, or just sleep ? Does it draw any electricity or propane under this condition ? Can it be left on in such conditions ?
Thanks.
400 - 2019
St Catharines, ON

Comments

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 308
    The Alde will continue to provide hot water, but the heat circulation pump will not cycle on when the set temperature is less than room temperature.   
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2024 TaB 400 with all the option packages (full lithium), 
    2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow Package.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    edited April 2019
    I agree with klenger.  Your Alde continues to draw power for the display (AC vs 12 v) and to heat the water (AC, 12 v, or lpg).  Just leave it on if you want to always have hot water or I know some folks in the summer, turn off the Alde and turn it back on when they want hot water.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    There is a slight electrical draw to maintain the control panel and associated electronics,   but it should be negligible
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    I'll add that if the Alde is on--even if it's not circulating heat to the cabin--the unit will be warm. Some people might appreciate a mattress that radiates heat, but I do not!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,686
    Alde power use from the Alde Knowledge Base Page:

There are two functions in the Alde Compact 3010 that draw >0.1 A of current from the vehicle's 12-volt battery. The combustion fan which supplies the burner with air (≈ 0.4 A), and the circulation pump that circulates the hot glycol in the heating system (≈ 0.2 A). 

So normally the heating system draws ≈ 0-0.6 A when running on LPG and ≈ 0-0.2 A with a 120 V immersion heater. 

As a maximum, the boiler draws 1.9 A for about three seconds when starting on 12 V DC.

https://www.alde.us/how-can-i-get-help/knowledge-base/

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi