Options

froli bed system

Went to manufacturers website to order tensioners for the bed springs. Nucamp website shows the travel system. That is not what i have in my tab 400. Any idea what sytem they are using? Hope its not some chinese knock off. I need to make the springs harder.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Thanks thats what i have. Its not firmer, not adjustable and obviously only used ciz its cheaper. They forgot to mention that on their website. Im not very happy with nucamp. They also reduced the solar output to 190w from 200 too. Seems they are making yhem cheaper for more profit at our expense.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tundra57 said:
    Thanks thats what i have. Its not firmer, not adjustable and obviously only used ciz its cheaper. They forgot to mention that on their website. Im not very happy with nucamp. They also reduced the solar output to 190w from 200 too. Seems they are making yhem cheaper for more profit at our expense.
    Or maybe because it was designed for travel spaces likes boats and RVs. Check out the Froli site. This is the newer Froli travel setup.

As for the solar, they switched to a higher quality setup. Yes, 10 watts difference but better controller and panel technology.

Please do not jump to conclusions. I have had my T@b since 2014 and watched nuCamp routinely upgrade their setup and tweak based on customer feedback. I have yet to see them compromise quality for a cheaper substitute. That is just not how they operate.

https://froli-systems.myshopify.com/collections/travel

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Sounds good but i cant find my system on their website. Its is softer and i cant adjust it. The sections it is now made of have only a few screws in each section and seem to move around easily. If what you say is true they why not change the pictures on their website? It is misleading. 
    While we are talking about quality, my battery cover has a screw in the corner at a funny angle and the corner has been ground off the cover so the lift up closes properly. The paint on the trailer frame has allowed many of the welds to rust. The back of the wheel plates are corroded. The aluminum gas bottle housing looks great but there is no back on it, and the lid has no rear lip so when it rains water fills the bottom of the housing. If you lift the lid while its wet all the water runs straight into the housing too. None of this is not fixable, but when you tout quality then shouldnt you mean it? I will put a back on the container and lip on the lid, also scrape off the rust and spray it. But on a brand new camper why should i have to? So I think you can forgive me for jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    By the way the link you sent is not correct for what i have. I only found out when the adjusters i bought did not fit. I can send a photo if you dont believe me. The petal shapes dont have the material between linking them together. I think you are thinking that the last ch
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Tundra57, have you discussed your above points with your dealer? It does no good to list them here, as your dealer probably doesn’t visit this site. Your dealer should be your first point of contact. 

As for parts for your Froli, Google it on the Internet so you will have your own link for the product you have. I purchased parts for my Froli from a vender who specialized in the Froli parts. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks. My problem is noone can tell me what system i have. Im waiting for nucamp to answer my request.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Is it this one?

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
  • Options
    I talked with Froli they are extremely helpful. I have the Froli mat system. Its not on their website. They came up with a solution which is to drop mats between yhe ones i have. You dont even have to screw them down. Im ordered some ill update whrn i try it. Also they recommend screwing the center of the mats down too. Mine are only screwed down on each corner, stops the middles from sliding about.
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @Tundra57
    You'll notice in my picture above that I added screws to each of the "lily pads."  Mine were also anchored with two screws per each 6 lily pad set.  I got tired of having the things rattle around every time I raised the hatch lid.
    Also, I would like to see a picture of the mats when you get them.  I can't visualize putting mats between the existing lily pads.
  • Options
    I was incorrect about the pads. My additional ones arrived today. They actually drop on top of the ones already in ie stack. Only increases the height by maybe 1/8 ". Makes huge difference in stiffness. Depending where you put them, you may have to cut the mat. They come in a 3 x 3 lily pad matrix. I paid around $85 for 12 pieces. Ill take a pic tomorrow. The extras sit nicely but if its on a piece that lifts ill probably screw right thro. All in all very happy. Just ordered 5 more sheets. Yeah, im going to put more screws in too. mine only has two per mat like yours. Frioli reccomends 4 screws per mat. 5 if you find the rattle annoying.
    According to Frioli (i dont think i ever spell it right lol) Nucamp is now using a special hold down bracket and not screwing through the petals at all. But the clips are not available to buy.
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    @Tundra57 - revisiting this topic and your post on 4/24.  Do you have any pictures of your “new and improved” Froli setup?  Have the changes improved your comfort?  I am thinking I will need softer support at the shoulders and firmer support at the lower back and hips.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    There is no way to reduce the support on my "mat" system. But i purcahsed extra sheets of flowers and sat them inside the originals, screwing straight through both. And the support was great. So i "doubled" up where i needed more support. The earlier blue type has a ring you can fit available from froli which fit the earlier type of individual support system. It does help to put a layer of memory foam on top if only to cover the horizontal joins in the mattress sections. Mine is really comfy. BTW i have to turn off the Alde in the summer as its under my head whrn im in be, gets hot.
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited October 2019
    Tundra57 said:
    . BTW i have to turn off the Alde in the summer as its under my head whrn im in be, gets hot.
    Hmmmm.  What if you put a layer of Reflectix underneath the mat system?  Back in our days of pop up camping, I lined underneath the bed platforms for extra insulation.  Should shield from some of the heat.
  • Options
    Good idea. Im sure it will be an added bonus in the winter. :-)