Options

Idea for Sharing T@B Info With Others

BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
edited November 2019 in Tips & Tricks
As many of you know, while travelling, many people will inquire about your T@B camper and want to see inside.  If your experience is like ours, the same questions are asked repeatedly (e.g., size, weight, tank capacities, etc.)  Sometimes they ask to take a photograph of our camper (or we see people taking photos of it.)  When asked specific questions by others, we have invited them to take a photo of the nüCamp sticker and model number and refer them to nüCamp's website.  We enjoy answering their questions, which often lead to other topics about similar interests, places to see, etc.  However, many times we are delayed in our travels as a result.  Therefore, we considered ways to provide helpful information, but limit answering the same questions repeatedly.  We came up with using a small two-sided business card (photo below) containing the basic info on our particular camper as equipped.  The idea came from a similar card that we sometimes hand out to others while vacationing (e.g., on a cruise) if we choose to provide our names and minimal contact info (i.e., E-mail address.)  We don't hand those out to just any stranger, but if we "click" with someone we meet in our travels we may give them one of those cards.  The T@B card does not identify us personally or provide our contact info.  We had the cards printed by Costco.  Pretty simple to set up.  We used the smallest font size (i.e., 8) so that we could get the maximum info on it, but still limited it to the specs we are most often asked about.  The cards simply provide helpful information so the person asking does not have to try to remember what we shared with them.  During our last trip, three people expressed great interest in buying a T@B and they appreciated receiving the information.  NOTE:  Don't hold me to the weight figures.  They are approximate and based on our situation.  For example, the Boondock spare tire and hold down bracket alone are close to 60 lbs., so that raises the tongue weight.  There are just too many variables that affect gross weight figures.  (Greg)

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
(Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Excellent idea, nice work!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I just hand out factory brochures. Plan to get a big stack at uCamp again this year.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I had thought about getting a QR code printed up that opened up a 360 video tour of the inside for inquiring minds

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Member Posts: 82
    We just consider ourselves as a factory rep for NuCamp. (Uncompensated of course) lol.
    2016 T@b 320 Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2019 Ford Flex
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,499
    I've been encouraging NuCamp to make something like this. They helpfully supplied me with a stack of color brochures last year, but they're kind of a pain to carry around and they must cost NuCamp a bundle to print. A simple card or bifold or trifold brochure would be better for this purpose. They could distribute them at rallies and by request.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab