Options

2020 trip

mandtmandt Member Posts: 158
Here is our first draft for a 2 month trip next year.
https://goo.gl/maps/Yu2vmgHMa9b4Ef9e7
Any thoughts?
Mickey & Terri
2016 Max S
Kalamazoo Michigan

Comments

• Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    thoughts?  yeah- looks like fun.
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    We're 30 miles from your western most point in OlympicNP, p.m. me if you would like  some camping info. Can also provide hiking and conditions info for the time of year.  We've done about all the day hiking you can do in Banff and Glacier NP as well, can give you the highlights as we saw them.  It will be awesome.  😎
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    Olympic is really nice.  Ruby Beach is wonderful, and the Hoh Rain Forest.  At Cape Flattery, you can stand on the furthest NW point of the contiguous US, and it is well worth it.  Neah Bay, also.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @mandt, that’s pretty ambitious.  How long do you plan to spend at each place?  I suspect you will use about 8-10 days roundtrip crossing the country.  What mileage limit do you have for towing days?  We towed out to Utah last spring.  Took us 5 days with 2 people, and we limit our speed to low 60s.  Map apps give you a false sense of speed as they are based on the posted speed limit.  We towed 400 miles a day max.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Looks great! I’d build in some extra time in case you want to stay somewhere a bit loor take a side trip. I’m excited you will be coming through Spokane! Be sure to give me or someone in the SpoTab group a heads up so we can all meet up! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Looks like your skipping by the best Parks. Glacier National, Ice Fields Parkway , Up of Michigan to name a few.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    mandtmandt Member Posts: 158
    This is not our first long distance trip. We travel 250-300 miles per day. Drive low 60s. Stay at destinations 4 days when boondocking (that is how long we can easily go on our,battery). We know we are not seeing everything but seeing enough. Yes we are going to Glacier. Yes Michigan UP is great... been there several times. 
    Mickey & Terri
    2016 Max S
    Kalamazoo Michigan