Options

First Outing Success!

Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
This being my first RV, I've been holding back deciding if getting a travel trailer was a good decision until using it, just didn't have any idea after decades of tent camping.  

We camped at a nearby county park this week to make sure things were working and practice before a 12 day trip end of this month.  It was a great time!  The days were rainy and cold but two adults and two cairn terriers slept warm and cozy in our T@B 320S.  The first night was tense for everyone as we figured out moving around in the trailer.  

We had an infuriating 30 minutes not being able to get the (feel free to fill in your favorite string of curse words) hitch ball to disengage from the coupler.  Hope I'm using the right terms here.  Lithium grease to the rescue when we left camp today.

And we had a scary moment when the trailer rolled forward several inches when we tried to move it a teeny bit when hitching.  Much easier to move than expected.

Everything we used worked and better yet we were able to work it.  The Lagun table switch-out, doggie gate, and awnings worked too.  We found a few things for our dealer to resolve next week but nothing that makes me question the quality.  Some features we won't use till later this summer so didn't use them this trip.

What I loved:
1.  Alde heater.  WOW can't gush enough about the quiet, effective warmth.  We purposefully kept it a little warmer than needed to see how much propane was used.  Heating 3 nights and 1 entire day on propane with outside temps in mid 30's to mid 40's with cooking some meals inside only used 1/4 bottle. Gives us confidence about camping early or later in the season.
2.  Insulation.  The trailer walls weren't any colder than my walls at home.  Nice!
3.  Large windows providing great views and excellent cross ventilation
4.  Storage space amount and layout
5.  Indoor lighting locations
6.  Porch light
7.  Stereo speakers and placement:  I'd read some people thought the sound was poor but we thought it was fine, at least for evening movies.
8.  Light oak interior.  The light oak looks very classy.
9.  Anderson Leveler
10.  100W Renogy Eclipse solar panels suitcase.  That puppy put out 5.9 amps under a clear sky and 1.7 amps under heavy clouds.

Comments