Options

grey and black holding tanks

filled my water tank and checked pump-all seems to be working ran faucets n flushed toilet-thought i'd just let the grey open onto my driveway as it should be clean----not!! flecks of black-looked like mildew\mold came out with the water n a little stinky-should I just put some water and my chemical down there? is there something better to flush it out with?? I have not been putting chemical in tanks in between use-should I?

Comments

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    It's the nature of the tank especially when seasoned with use.     unless it is completely dry when stored mold and bacteria will grow,   no big deal.   I would be more concerned if the water out of the spigot looked like that,   but I am not drinking that either so......
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,457
    Agreed. I wouldn't worry about it unless the growth is so great as to impede flow or reduce capacity. The water in your fixture traps should keep the smellies out of the camper.
    If I'm cleaning out my tanks in the driveway, I usually dump into a bucket so any unsavory stuff can be disposed of somewhere other than on my shoes...
    2015 T@B S