Options

Oops! Battery wire arrangement.

MegaMega Member Posts: 69
I disconnected the battery tontake it out for testing at dealers. Didn't pay attention to the cables because they aren't your typical red and black. any guesses? My guess is the green because it is connected to the red. TIA.

EDITED FOR PHOTO SIZE AND TITLE.  Sharon

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    My 2016 Model 320 has the same green wire with fuse holder (coming off a red wire). This goes to the positive terminal of the battery while my white wire goes to the negative post. Not sure if your unit is the same, just providing my configuration.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Mega.........you are correct that the green wire (with the in-line fuse) is the positive (+) cable.  I marked the green wire "POS" (positive) with a black Sharpie and also marked the wire lug for that cable with a "+" on the plastic yellow crimp.  I marked the wire lug on the other one (-).  Sure makes it easy to remember in the future.  (Greg)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    What they said.
    I've got the same green fuse holder as well. It's a funny color for a fused line (green usually indicates a safety ground) but maybe nuCamp got a great deal on a lifetime supply.
    Another thing to look for is a difference in the size of the ring terminals. Batteries often have a larger stud on the positive side, with a corresponding larger opening on the positive ring terminal.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I've found taking several iPhone photos of a project before doing any work really helps when putting things back together.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 308
    Once you figure out the wiring, and if you are handy with electrical wiring, I suggest making any multi-wire battery connections using some kind of terminal blocks, leaving only 1 wire each for the battery  (+) and (-) terminals using wire colors that make sense.  White is used throughout the T@Bs for ground connections, and black or red are common for battery (+) connections. 

Also, for safety reasons, disconnect the negative first and then the positive and reconnect the positive first and then the negative.  Contrary to some internet beliefs, this rule has nothing to do with which way electrical current flows.  If the negative terminal is disconnected whenever you are wrenching on the positive terminal, shorting the wrench to ground will not cause any short circuits.  If you are wrenching on the negative terminal when the positive terminal is connected, there are also no short circuits caused because that's where the negative wire goes anyway.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2024 TaB 400 with all the option packages (full lithium), 
    2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow Package.  
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    Took a pic before storing for winter, hope it helps
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    davel4wadavel4wa Member Posts: 91
    Anyone know where the two red wires connect on the other end. Is the fused line the connection to the converter?
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    davel4wa said:
    Anyone know where the two red wires connect on the other end. Is the fused line the connection to the converter?
    The fused wire should go to the disconnect switch, the other red wire goes to the Zamp connector outside the box.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    davel4wa said:
    The fused wire should go to the disconnect switch, the other red wire goes to the Zamp connector outside the box.
    X2
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    davel4wa said:
    Yes. Ultimately the fused line connects to the converter, regardless of whether your T@B has a disconnect or not (earlier models did not).
    On the 320, it runs through a terminal in junction box under the front of the camper, where it also connects to the charge line on the trailer pigtail, as well as the power to the breakaway brake switch.
    I'm not sure how the 400 is configured, but I suspect it is something similar.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    davel4wadavel4wa Member Posts: 91
    What I gather from this is that with the battery disconnect switch open your breakaway brakes are disabled and the TV will not be charging the battery. One good thing here is that the junction box would be a good place for an isolation diode on the TV charge line.
  • Options
    davel4wa said:
    What I gather from this is that with the battery disconnect switch open your breakaway brakes are disabled and the TV will not be charging the battery.
    Absolutely correct!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 308
    I have drawn a wiring diagram for my 2019 320 S and posted it on my website.  There are two buttons, one for the nuCamp Original wiring and one for my highly modified wiring.  The original wiring may help understand how nuCamp wired it.  Not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, especially the wiring at the fuse panel, but its a good start. 

http://www.klenger.net/wiring-diagrams.html 
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2024 TaB 400 with all the option packages (full lithium), 
    2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow Package.