Options

Recommended tire pressure

krozanski7krozanski7 Member Posts: 4
We have a 2018 T@B S with radial tires and the tire pressure listed on the tires is 50 psi. I'm wondering if people fill their tires to 50 psi or something less. Thanks for any guidelines you can share. 

Comments

• Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    Etrailer says that trailer tire pressure should be inflated at maximum tire pressure listed on the side, but Nucamp have a sticker on the side of tye frame that specify correct tire pressure for their trailers.  

I would go with that.  Unless you transform you trailer in a cargo trailer between camping weekends.

2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 344
    Does anyone reduce the cold tire pressure at all in really cold conditions, expecting a significant pressure rise when the tires warm up from driving? I'm amazed by the pressure range/ temperature range variations. 
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited January 2022
    Here is a chart for reference. Overall, it is not that big of a deal as it varies less than +/- 5 PSI. I keep mine at 50 PSI and the treadwear seems to be even in 11k miles.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 449
    Does anyone reduce the cold tire pressure at all in really cold conditions, expecting a significant pressure rise when the tires warm up from driving? I'm amazed by the pressure range/ temperature range variations. 
    There isn't much of a pressure rise unless your trip takes you into much warmer areas of the country. Where I live we have 90F+ during the summer and single digits in the winter and the heat buildup from driving doesn't make up for the pressure loss from low temps. Which is why I drive with a tire pressure warning light in the winter ;)