Options

TV Antenna

Hello Folks,
We picked up the new 320 S last week. I was wondering what type of TV antenna the group suggest. We are planning our maiden voyage for June 13th and will be heading to Allegany State Park in NY. I was considering a TV Antenna from Amazon. Would appreciate the advice. 
Thanks,
Keith Stamper
TAB 320 S Boondock Edge
TV 2016 Honda Pilot AWD 

Comments

• Options
    NinabeanNinabean Member Posts: 68
    Hello Rerail.
    This is what I use along with accessories to use the iPhone and iPad to watch downloaded movies and tv shows.  Works great!

Follow You Tubber Travels with Delaney for a video on this.

2019 T@b 400 “Hazel”   Towed with a 2013 Ford F-150 STX  4X4 SuperCab 5.0L
    table mod
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Hi Keith. Well, remember you need something with height. When it comes to any antenna, physics still reigns. You need height (or a sophisticated dish that points at a very high antenna satellite lol). There are people that just put an antenna on the top of the T@B when in an area that has easy access to HDTV channels. Another friend of mine has a pole with the antenna at the top. I like to compare what they get to what the little toy hauler gets on it's powered antenna. It's usually about the same (my little toy hauler roof is fairly high).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I got the Wineguard Hideaway antenna https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/winegard-hideaway-hdtv-rv-antenna?a=688749 Unfortunately, it seems to be discontinued, but I mounted it to a 6 ft piece of electrical conduit instead of the side of my trailer. I then also bring a 2 ft piece of rebar and pound it into the ground in a good location, and slide the pole over the top of the rebar. Then I run a piece of coax from the outlet on the trailer to the antenna. (I carry 50 ft.) When I know I'll have cable at the campground, I can leave the antenna at home. It just lays on the floor of the T@B for travel.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL