Options

Axle grease ok?

melpetermelpeter Member Posts: 112
I'm going to lubricate the detachable tongue jack wheel, the stabilizer screws, and whatever else needs lube. Is axle grease ok? (I have a can of it.) Or should I buy some higher-tech lube?
2017 Tab 320 S
2014 Mazda CX 5
Traveling very light to be kind to my transmission.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I wouldn't use grease, at is is likely to catch and hold dirt and grit making things harder to operate than before.
    Many people use silicone spray on the coupler. I wonder if that would work better?
    Personally, I've never bothered lubing any of that stuff and it all works just fine going on five years.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @melpeter, I like the "dry lube" type spray-on lubricant, because it does not attract dirt.  I purchased the "3-In-One" dry lube.  It says it is for windows and tracks, but accomplishes the same thing.  You can find it at Wal*Mart, Amazon, or probably any auto parts store.  RV stores sell dry-lube lubricants for RV slide-outs.  I used it for that previously and it worked great.  I now use it to lubricate my hitch ball.  Like @ScottG, I have not lubricated my stabilizer's or the tongue jack, but will use the same product on those if I choose to.  
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    melpetermelpeter Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2019
    Ok! Glad I asked. I’ll get dry lube and put the grease can back in the garage. Thanks
    2017 Tab 320 S
    2014 Mazda CX 5
    Traveling very light to be kind to my transmission.