Options

Recommendations on Travel Clubs

JbreunigJbreunig Member Posts: 25
Newbie to RV camping with my Tab 400.  What is the thought on joining AAA RV or Good Sam?  Are they worth it?  Any other travel clubs worth the cost?

Comments

• Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    I found out that I can't get AAA RV in my area. I still have my AAA, but I also have Good Sam now. AAA told me that if I broke down with my trailer, they'd leave it by the side of the road, and I'd have to find my own arrangements for it. Apparently, other AAA areas have different rules, and you need to check your local branch. 
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited June 2019
    We were able to add our T@B to our USAA coverage.

But, are you talking just about insuring, or organizations like Harvest Hosts (thanks @homebodyatheart) for which you pay an annual membership, it allows you to camp in participating vineyards, based on availability and if you are totally self-contained. Sadly that leaves out clamshells with only outside kitchens, but your 400 would certainly qualify. And It’s national. While we’re not members, I know we have them here on the forum. And, she says it also includes small farms and golf courses, depending on the membership you purchase!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    The AAA is a regional as to whether they will tow your trailer or not.  Based on your home region,  not the region your traveling in.

With good sam it is dependent on the level of policy you chose and god forbid if you actually use it the likely hood of getting it canceled quickly.  Check on line reviews on how Good Sam treats their customers,  seems very hit or miss.

I got my roadside coverage with my insurance coverage through geico,  they will send two trucks one for the TV and the second for the trailer.   I forget the particulars but it was on par with Good Sam and AAA.   

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @Cbusguy, that is good to know that your coverage is based on the home region.  I thought it depended on the area of breakdown.  Either way, it doesn’t work for lots of folks.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio