Options

Wall bubbling- diagnosis?

Brad42Brad42 Member Posts: 25
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this before? The wall covering on the inside of my new 320s where it meets the ceiling is beginning to bubble up. (above the door and then further down towards the dinette/bed)  I’m not sure if it’s water damage, or if the heat has caused this. I have never had a moisture problem as of yet, and it’s covered when not in use. Seems unlikely that it’s water. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    How high of temperature?  Looks like it is confined to the top of that strip of vinyl.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    IIRC, I have a little of the going on, too. I am guessing it is a combo of the heat plus the fact that the edge lays against the caulking, which probably expands and contracts with temperature.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    How high of temperature?  Looks like it is confined to the top of that strip of vinyl.

It’s 91 here in S. Indiana today, so a good 100 I’m sure. I do leave the roof vent and windows slightly cracked while I’m away.
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    IIRC, I have a little of the going on, too. I am guessing it is a combo of the heat plus the fact that the edge lays against the caulking, which probably expands and contracts with temperature.
     That’s a good thought. If it’s just heat related, I’ll probably wait to pursue any possible warranty claim until camping season wraps up.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I've never given it much notice before, but I've got the same little ripples above the door, just like you show in your first photo.
    They have probably been there all along (going on five years) and I see no evidence of any water damage.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    51chevy51chevy Member Posts: 31
    My covering just above the stove started to bubble also from the heat.
  • Options
    51chevy said:
    My covering just above the stove started to bubble also from the heat.

I guess it’s nice to know that this is not an isolated incident. I’ll keep an eye on it and then decide in the fall whether it’s worth the time/effort for a warranty claim. Seems like it’s just one of those quirks of ownership, and would likely happen again later on.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Yeah, I dont see it as a defect more or less part of normal aging. If someone really hated it, you could always cover with a custom decal, but you almost have to look for it to notice.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014