Options

Fan question

I am wanting to install a Maxxair Vent cover on the fan to have the fan operating & not get rain inside.  There are a few different models of this vent cover.  The correct one depends on what kind of a fan it is.   I have a 2017 Tab 320S.   Does anyone know if I have a "fantastic fan" or just a regular fan?  How would I know?   Anyone installed a vent cover?
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Fantastic fans come standard in the TaBs.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @Sharon_is_SAM   Thanks!  
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited July 2019
    @lkc001, I have a 2017. Before pulling it out of the dealership, I had the maxxair vent cover installed over my fantastic fan. I think a great move for us, I like the extra height to open the fan lid, some don't like the higher profile and choose the aeroflo. Either are popular here on the forum.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    The one thing I’d suggest thinking about: the stock fan isn’t very efficient on battery usage. It may be better to put the vent cover money towards upgrading the whole thing, either with the upgrade kit that includes the rain sensor to close the lid, or by switching it out for something better. I went with the latter and had the dealer yank the Fantastic Fan and install the Maxxfan instead, which is both more efficient and closes down to a lower profile than any of the vent fan covers out there.

If you’re always camped with electric hookups, obviously the efficiency when on battery is irrelevant, but if you plan to do a lot of boondocking, an upgrade may make sense.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @dragonsdofly Thank you.   I thought about getting an upgrade on the fan, as suggested by someone else, but I'm perfectly happy with the fan itself at this time and want to put my money budgeted for trailer extras elsewhere and really wanted the rain cover while still being able to use the fan, so I've ordered the same one you got.  I really don't care that it sticks up higher than the others either.  I can't get the trailer in my garage anyway so it really doesn't matter. 
    Woohoo!