oily liquid on bathroom floor in TAB 400

Found oily water (about 1/4 cup) on bathroom floor in TAB 400.  Wiped it up.    One week later (today) observed more (albeit significantly less).  My first thought was leaking Alde pipes in bathroom but the liquid is clear and not colored --I understand that the Alde liquid is opaque and colored.  The "oil" character of the liquid is unmistakable. Looked in Alde compartment - no evidence of leaking there.  Any ideas?  Thankfully, still under warranty.

Comments

• NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Posts: 67Member
    Have you taken showers in there recently?  I saw
    something like that when mine was new, and then it was no longer present. I attributed it to newness and
    the Aldi providing heat and hot water. Pipes needed a cleaning out. Mine is a 2019. 
    Jean & Arnie  NorCal 
    2019 [email protected] 400 BL aka [email protected]
    03 Sequoia

• jpb0001jpb0001 Posts: 11Member
    Shower had not been used. Bathroom used for toilet only.
  • DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Posts: 209Member
    "oily liquid" sure sounds like it might be glycol from the Aldi, or antifreeze from winterization?

have you tried running the shower for a bit to see if that liquid comes out or if it's fresh water?

if that liquid comes out, run the shower a bit and see if it changes over to water.. if it does then it was likely some left over antifreeze from .. winterization/initial shipping?

If plain water comes out from the start then it's a mystery... maybe see your dealer?
    ~Tananda

2019 [email protected] 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Posts: 2,490Administrator
    The only source of liquid would be the Alde heat register on the side of the wall in the shower area.  Where was the liquid found in proximity to the shower knobs, etc.?
    Mike Smith 
    Linden, Mi
    2015 [email protected] Max S
    Attached Image
  • jpb0001jpb0001 Posts: 11Member
    shower used during 3 week trip in may, so winterization had been evacuated over the course of the trip through use. shower emits clear, non-oily water.  no evidence of leaking from the alde heat register in the shower.  its a mystery. taking trip this weekend.  see if can detect the source over the course of the trip.
  • grubbstergrubbster Posts: 76Member
    Could water be coming in around your vent fan?
    2014 Ram 2500
    2019 [email protected] 400 Boondock
  • DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Posts: 209Member
    Maybe go get a roll or two of those blue shop paper towels from Lowes/Home Depot.. they get darker when wet.. a good indicator...

place them all over the floor and see if you can figure out the origin?

~Tananda

2019 [email protected] 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past