Options

Incorrect black water level being shown

The black water indicator shows 2/3 full even though I just dumped the tank and verified that it is empty with a flashlight. Any ideas?
2019 T@B 400 BD Lite / '95 4WD GMC Yukon

Comments

• Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    One idea is to wait a few minutes. It should adjust. If not, Plan B. Let us know.
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    Try flushing the black tank.  Something may be caught on the internal sensor.  KIB tank monitor, right?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    That's Plan B.
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    mrlynch1953mrlynch1953 Member Posts: 40
    idk about our Tabs specifically but these sensors are very delicate and generally can't be trusted.  Even when I got my 2016max-S, only a year old, I was filling the gray tank and it read 65% when water came up into my shower! ...Obviously FULL.  Over the years and several RVs I've learned not to count on them.  I look down INTO the toilet to see how full it is (use a flashlight) and wait for water to come up into the shower/tub to know when the gray is full! If you want to continue to try and trust your sensors, do an overnight soak with a number of different enzyme digesting products that say they clean paper off of the sensors.  That might restore it and give you reliable reads. One more thing -- in the long run, I fill my black tank with fresh water EVERY time I drain it.  I do TWO fresh water fills and dump.  That should keep paper from drying in there, including on the sensors.  This sounds excessive but I do it both in my TAB and my larger/40gal RV.  Never have smells or problems.  Good luck.
  • Options
    ezusmanisezusmanis Member Posts: 20
    Yes, it's a KIB monitor. This last trip out, I used the black water flush fitting and ran it for a few minutes followed by a complete fill and empty. It's now showing empty. By the way, do you guys/gals strictly use RV toilet paper or do you use the cheaper grocery store stuff? Could use of grocery store stuff be contributing to my problem?
    2019 T@B 400 BD Lite / '95 4WD GMC Yukon
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @ezusmanis I use the cheap single ply. A friend was cleaning out cupboards and gave me a huge bag of rolls. I also use Happy Campers enzyme powder and three years in
    no stinky slinky or tanks. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    We use septic safe tp and happy camper as well.   
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I use the Scott brand RV toilet paper and have no issues.  We just started using the Happy Campers enzyme based tank additive too.  No real issues here but DW wanted to try a new product.  😀👍🏻
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ