Options

400 Front Window Warping & Marring - Replacement Available - see drodabaugh 9/2 and 9/10 posts

13»

Comments

• Options
    NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    edited September 2019
    I just saw this thread, thanks @verna for letting me know. I too have the rub marks on my front window that look like everyone's and the sticker on my window has MJC on it. How do I go about replacing it? Thanks @drodabaugh
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • Options
    Lora44Lora44 Member Posts: 1
    deek312 said:
    When we first purchased our 2018 400 (used) we noticed marring in the middle of the front window but didn't think too much of it. Figured we could find a product to clean up minor imperfections and scratches in the acrylic. Still wondered what caused it. Well after driving 1,000 miles with it this past weekend I believe I understand what's going on. At highway speed our window is actually "denting" for lack of a better word (Maybe warping??) and the window is rubbing on the inside between the 2 layers. This is most definitely not something I will be able to buff out. Anyone else having this problem? I was surprised not to find any mention of this on the forum. Has anyone had to order a new window? Wondering what that costs?... I can only imagine. Even if I can restore the beauty to the front window (either by a new purchase or fixing somehow) still don't have a clue how to keep it from happening again??

(Title edited to direct members to solution.  Sharon)
    This has happened to my tab 400 last year. I called my camp and they sent a replacement window at no cost.  I just noticed this year on our trip our back window is having the same issue.  When I get home I will call again .
  • Options
    warren207warren207 Member Posts: 46
    After my Front Window on my 400 fell off three (3) times, I called the factory and requested a new window.  They gladly obliged and sent me a new one that arrived yesterday.  Now I wish that there was a video on the proper way to install.  My husband and I are going to replace it today.  Wish us luck.  I believe that the upper edge of the window is warped and will not stay in track.  
    Sara & Mike/2020 AVIA #0066/Denver, CO
    2014 Toyota Sequoia
  • Options
    @warren207 I believe @deek312 posted a video earlier in this thread (look on page 2 for the post).
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    deek312deek312 Member Posts: 23
    I have been meaning to comment on our recent trip... we installed the new front window graciously sent to us by NuCamp at no charge. The window definitely appeared much "thicker" than the one we replaced. There was noticeably more space between the panes. AND I am happy to report that the window performed flawlessly!! Decided to go ahead and use the same TV that appeared to be causing the air flow issues and there were ZERO issues on the trip. I traveled at speeds that approached 80 mph at times and there appeared to be no warping of the window and certainly no damage to the window. Very happy with the window and VERY happy with NuCamp!
    Derek - Bloomsdale, MO - 2018 T@B 400 - 2018 GMC Sierra / 2017 Toyota 4-Runner
  • Options
    sdenhofsdenhof Member Posts: 43
    I have thel same front window issue with my Tab 400. Needs a replacement for sure.
    2018 Tab 400 towed by 2013 F150
    Evanston Wyoming home
  • Options
    BigShowSkipperBigShowSkipper Member Posts: 19
    My front and rear window are being replaced for a different reason. The attachment at the top failed/broke and they fell off while camping. 
  • Options
    mikesnewjourneymikesnewjourney Member Posts: 28
    We got our new window last week and I changed it out yesterday.  The process was fairly easy and quick.  I did it myself, but I do believe on the installation it would be handy to have an another person to lend a hand, because the lining up the aluminum groove is kind of tricky to the start of the sliding the new window in.  The support is amazing.  The box was shipped on a pallet and the window was neatly protected and encased in 2x8 and 1/2 " plywood construction.  Absolutely no charge.  I am very impressed at their service.  
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470

Update - I have the production codes for windows that MAY be effected.  The production manager has stated that not all windows with these codes are effected.  It sounds like it is a difficult defect to track due to the production processes and multiple lines, but he is doing his best to nail it down.  We are also looking at producing a cost effective "template" that could be used to check the window arc as a pass/fail tool for customers.

Here's the codes.  It represents around 450 windows in total, but most of those were quarantined and destroyed once the defect was spotted.  Around 200 landed at NuCamp, but some were rejected at their site once the issue was spotted.  So the total number that got installed would be less than 200.  Of that 200 someare being replaced at the dealerships before being sold.  The number in the field is probably down to less than 100 at this time.

MJC

MJD

MJE

MJF

MJG

There is a sticker on all the windows which has the production code on it.

Thanks,

Dan

Just noticed this post in the forum as we just purchased our 2019 T@B 400 BDL from its original owner last month and on our first trip we noted the marring between the panes as described and our production code is MJF on the front window. I am assuming I should contact NuCamp about getting a replacement front window, but thanks to all who did the ground work on this! We are in Tennessee so some distance from either factory or the nearest dealer.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Contact nuCamp Warranty dept, and they will have a new window shipped to you.  You will need to send the, a photo showing the marks.  We got a used 2018 TaB 400, and are getting a new window shipped to us also.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Good to know and thanks. Will contact them tomorrow. Really impressed with NuCamp and the forum for helping with this issue.

• Options
    Wanted all to know that I called NuCamp warranty today and could not be more pleased with the interaction. Call answered by a person on the second ring and transferred to a lovely person in warranty who listened carefully and was quite helpful in describing what I needed to do. I sent the email and pictures of my window while on the phone and she said they would review it and give my a call or email (my choice) in a day or two. I must say I am very impressed as I bought my trailer used from the original owner and had no expectations that NuCamp would help repair or replace anything as the warranty period had run.  In fact we had just noted the marring on the window and I recalled a TWD video about a replacement of the window so then I came here. This really gives me pride in our American manufacturing system and what can happen when customers have a voice. Bravo to NuCamp! A couple  of my pictures are below if anyone else wonders what this looks like. It is not really very noticeable at first but I am sure will worsen with time and perhaps impact the structure of the window itself.

• Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    I have an MJD with the interior markings.  Plan to start the process as soon as I can get a good pic of the marks.
  • Options
    qhumberd said:
    Wanted all to know that I called NuCamp warranty today and could not be more pleased with the interaction. Call answered by a person on the second ring and transferred to a lovely person in warranty who listened carefully and was quite helpful in describing what I needed to do. I sent the email and pictures of my window while on the phone and she said they would review it and give my a call or email (my choice) in a day or two. I must say I am very impressed as I bought my trailer used from the original owner and had no expectations that NuCamp would help repair or replace anything as the warranty period had run.  In fact we had just noted the marring on the window and I recalled a TWD video about a replacement of the window so then I came here. This really gives me pride in our American manufacturing system and what can happen when customers have a voice. Bravo to NuCamp! A couple  of my pictures are below if anyone else wonders what this looks like. It is not really very noticeable at first but I am sure will worsen with time and perhaps impact the structure of the window itself.

So this is apparently what they need to determine a warranty issue with the window. Emily emailed today and they are shipping me a new window and I can hopefully replace myself with a little help.

I am again so pleased that a trailer manufacturer would go to bat and replace defective items outside of the warranty. It shows they take quality control seriously and makes me feel quite loyal to NuCamp, though we just bought it. Thanks again to the forum for this information. 

• Options
    PoohbearPoohbear Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a used 2018 T@B 400 and I have mine at the dealership getting checked out now (10/2020) after a long road trip. I saw the marks in the window when I purchased it (12/2019) and thought someone had just rubbed it too hard. As we were traveling down the road I noticed leaves and dirt on the table that probably came from the trees above in storage. It got worse as we went along, but thankfully the window  stayed put. I will update when I get an estimate.
    2018 T@B 400
    2017 RAM 1500
  • Options
    RickyRicky Member Posts: 24
    I have a 2022 Tab 400 built in Feb 22 delivered in April. Both front and back window will not stay on the track. One seems warped or bowed. I’m 4 months out of warranty, NuCamp said will furnish new windows and labor is my problem. That’s fine and thank you, seems there are lots of window problems on these $40000 campers.
  • Options
    rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 487
    If you're thinking of doing the work yourself, you should look here: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/195394#Comment_195394 for install tips.

Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA