Options

Norcold NR740BB Temperature Knob/Thermostat VERY Hard To Turn

Hello, I have a 2015 T@B Teardrop with the 2-way Norcold NR740BB. I am unable to turn the temperature knob (thermostat, I guess??) all the way to "0" in order to turn the unit all the way off for storage. As you know, unplugging the T@B doesn't solve my problem because it will just run off the battery. I do NOT want a battery disconnect switch on the battery because it gets in the way of checking water levels so turning the fridge off is the only way I have to defrost it.   Has anyone had a similar issue with not being able to turn this unit all the way off?  Any suggestions how to fix (besides pulling out and replacing with another unit)??  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Pull the fuse at the converter panel.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    I can’t turn mine off either, I pull the 12 volt fuse in the converter panel.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    Ours was tough to turn all the way off too!  Then it stopped running.  Then we found out that some Norcolds given to NuCamp were not what they said they were... Norcold stepped up and replaced the entire fridge AND paid the repair person who had put time into trying to fix it!  Notice we are all 2015-2016 CS-S.  You might want to look into this.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @TrishS, you can place a battery cut off switch somewhere besides your battery box.  The factory locates the knob on the front wall of the TaB or they can be wired from under the driver-side bench with the knob close to the fuse panel.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TrishSTrishS Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the responses everyone!  I appreciate your input
  • Options
    TrishSTrishS Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2020
    Hello all. Just now getting back to trying to figure this out  :) I'm going to attach a picture of what my WFCO 8735-P looks like right now.  If I'm reading the sticker in the top right corner correctly, it looks like the fridge should be the 2nd fuse down and it should be a 10amp.  It looks to me like that fuse is already missing, am I correct?  If so, then why is the fridge still running even when unplugged?

UPDATE:  I attached the wrong photo - sorry.  This is the right one  :| sorry about the confusion.  @manny thank you for your help I think I figured out which one it is
  • Options
    mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    Hi, Trish  I have a 2017 CS-S  built in 7/2016   my fridge fuse the first one listed 15 amp.  try that one  ..good luck 
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    And don't just blindly trust the labels, as they are not always correct. Verify that your fridge (and not something else) is actually off once you pull the fuse!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    When storing your T@B, the fridge isn’t the only thing that will drain your battery. Before I installed a battery switch I always pulled the fuse on the positive line from the battery. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab