Options

2020 TAB entertainment system

Has anyone changed/upgraded their entertainment system (stereo/speakers and TV) in their TAB trailer?  It seems to be very cumbersome and difficult to get the remotes to coordinate with the TV and stereo system - especially with the three "zones" for speakers.  Anyone change their system and if so, how easy or difficult was it?  Also, what did you change or upgrade to (type of system)?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    bjn2bjn2 Member Posts: 86
    I got a SofaBaton U2 Universal Remote and used its learning function to copy the functions of the separate Jensen remotes. Unifying the remote is a fairly inexpensive way to reduce the fussiness of the two remotes. We won't use the system very often. If we did, I'd replace the whole thing. 
    Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,292
    edited September 2023
    We were not happy with any of the Jensen components in our 2020 320S. Removed all of it.

Replaced the head unit with a blue-ray/DVD player
    Added a Bluetooth receiver for streaming music
    Wired the Bluetooth receiver to the rear speakers 
    Replaced the TV with a 27" Samsung monitor
    Added a small sound bar for video sound

In the evening we'll stream video mostly, but for when there's no service we pick up second hand DVD's. The streaming is mostly from a Fire TV Stick, but sometime download shows to an iPhone. Having the sound come from the bar is so much better than being blasted from behind from which ever rear speaker you're closest to.

I can't say this mod was easy, but well worth the work.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    In my opinion, the speakers provided, while good enough, are limited due to their permanent fixed placement. Inside I can only hear one of them, and the same for my wife. Outside in our clamshell, when in use they are too loud while washing dishes but cannot be turned down as then they cannot be heard away from the kitchen. Our solution is a pair Bose Soundlink Revolve speakers that we can place anywhere, indoors or outdoors. Much greater flexibility and we can hear both of them when it's necessary to spend time inside, typically due to inclement weather. As for the tv, we only watch it when bad weather leaves us no choice but to hunker down inside.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    edited September 2023
    2021 T@B 320 - I added a Bluetooth transmitter (circled) to the Jensen Stereo on the line out which is on zone 1 and moved the Jensen speakers to zone 2 so they could be shut off. I use a Bose Soundflex portable Bluetooth speaker for the stereo and for the TV (great sound). It can also be used outside.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York