Options

Any T@B 320S owners in the DMV area?

I have a 2019 T@B 320S (purchased in May) that I'm still figuring out.  I've taken her out for a few trips and more planned.  Thank goodness for a number of people here that have helped me problem solve some fresh water issues. (I'm talking about you @Sharon_is_SAM and @Bayliss!)  When I commented that they should run a "clinic" so newbies like me can get hands on experience, someone posted that they got some "coaching" from a T@B owner in their area and suggested I put out an all-call and do the same.   I still haven't used the Alde for heat (and I know I will need it soon), and I've barely used the shower and have never used the toilet.   I've read and re-read the manual and looking at any videos I can find.  But, I'm doing everything I can to avoid using these things.  Just plain intimidated.  

So- are there any veteran T@B owners in the DC metro area that are up for a bit of coaching?  I live in Montgomery County and planning another trip in October and I will be boon docking for a few days of that trip.  
Thanks! 
Aggie/ 2021T@B320S; Alde Compact 3020 HE/ 2021 Subaru Ascent
Rockville, MD (a D.C. suburb)

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited September 2019
    Aggie, can you get your dealer to go over it all with you?
    Practice. Play ' Camping'. The best place to get some practice and relieve yourself of the intimidation factor is in your driveway. Take each item step by step. Hook up a hose. Use fresh water only for the toilet 'practice', if your black tank has never been used, you can dump it on the ground after a few flushes. Same goes for the shower and the gray tank.
    The Alde can be learned step by step too, if you ask questions here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. (I don't have the modern Alde display panel, so won't be able too help there!)
    And remember to have fun!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    edited September 2019
    @ZippyA :I live in Clarksburg, Md; where are you? I’m happy to help. Edit: i just saw your signature...Rockville! Easy peesey! Lol
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    ZippyAZippyA Member Posts: 59
    Hi @4ncar!  Yes, I live in Rockville!  Where did you get your T@B?
    Several folks have suggested (like @ChanW) that I have my dealer go over everything with me.  When I purchased it, the salesperson did a walk through with me.  When he got to the Alde, he really wasn't that familiar with it and said it was all in the manual.  I was never showed where all of the pipes under the cushion were.  It was thanks to folks here that I found them.  
     Just went out for one night with my granddaughter and did not even hook up to water or sewer.  And of course, at 4AM..I had to walk her to the bathroom!  

Would love to connect and pick your brain.  The more I think I know...the more I doubt myself! Thanks.
    Aggie/ 2021T@B320S; Alde Compact 3020 HE/ 2021 Subaru Ascent
    Rockville, MD (a D.C. suburb)
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    @ZippyA, I’ll try to connect through a direct message. I bought my tab at Beckley’s; I can’t say they were the most thorough with the Alde, but I have become more proficient with it over these past 2 years.  I’m happy to answer your questions, and show you what I know,
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback