plastic trim on top of the T@B 400 cracked, as well as the plastic at the bottom by the dump valves

I have a 2019 T@B 400, which I have owned less than a year.   Just posting this in the event that it might benefit other owners.   I would recommend you take a hard look and ensure you have not encountered the same problem.  My T@B is currently at the dealer getting my solar worked on, as well  replacing the shower fan which stopped working.  And they will be replacing the cracked trim (i hope).   I will post again once I get my T@B back.   As I am curious to see the quality of work from this dealership for T@B. 
fnova5 2019 T@B 400/F150/Broomfield Colorado

Comments

• fnova5fnova5 Member Posts: 10
    I have to say I am a bit surprised that no one else has seen any issues with their trim.  My T@B is in the shop now.  They are ordering the parts (new trim).  And they are installing the new Victron solar controller.   I must say I am a bit concerned about the service departments experience with working on T@B's. 
    fnova5 2019 T@B 400/F150/Broomfield Colorado
  • MNtabernacleMNtabernacle Member Posts: 19
    We had most of the top trim crack during our Minnesota cold last winter. Our Dealer (Elk River RV - thanks guys) was able to convince NuCamp to replace the trim, and they installed it at no cost. They did say it was because of the lack of a clearance hole for the screw that retains it that didn't allow for expansion/contraction during temperature extremes. Hopefully we'll get through this year with no damage.
    Tim & Joan, Anoka Minnesota
    Silver on Silver 2018 T@B 400, 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @fnova5 search on trim cracks and you’ll find maybe 6 pages of posts!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    Our T@B 320S cracked in 4 places on its black trim this summer. We had the dealer replace it (2 weeks before warrantee expired) at the end of August and when we went to pick it up... a new crack in a piece they installed. Waiting for new parts.
    ...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.
  • HAWAIIANTABHAWAIIANTAB Member Posts: 18
    So, what happens when you don't have a "dealer" in your state?  My state is Hawaii and I've never seen another T@B other than mine. Will the company send me parts, as I noticed a separation of my trim in the top middle where the 2 pieces fit together and it has separated about a 1/4th inch.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    I suspect for DIY work, you can arrange for nuCamp to mail you parts.  It would be a good idea to settle that question before you need service.  Try emailing info@nucamprv.com.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • HAWAIIANTABHAWAIIANTAB Member Posts: 18
    And this topic brings up another question. could this problem of plastic trim damage be caused by T@B being parked outdoors exposed to the elements [UV/rain/weather etc?]  Makes me wonder if we could minimise this defect and possibly others by storing T@B under cover??
    I'm in the process of fabricating a PVC frame that will hold a tarp suspended above the T@B without drilling holes and held fast with bungees and it looks like it will work and if it does, then I'll post pics. Hopefully a cheap simple fix and shelter for us without garage space...............
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    And this topic brings up another question. could this problem of plastic trim damage be caused by T@B being parked outdoors exposed to the elements [UV/rain/weather etc?]  Makes me wonder if we could minimise this defect and possibly others by storing T@B under cover??
    Mine cracked over winter while stored under a cover. I suspect it has more to do with thermal expansion/contraction and that the trim is not attached in a way that allows for much movement.
    nuCamp has been working on this and I understand that going forward T@Bs will have redesigned exterior trim.
    2015 T@B S
  • junnyquestjunnyquest Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2019
    Our 2018 400's corner trim is cracked in two places just above the left front handle. Silver with gray trim. Brand new camper. 

Good to hear that a new design is on the way for future models. Wonder if the new parts will fit current trailers.
    2018 t@b 400
    2019 VW Atlas
    Northern Michigan
  • DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    I said I'd get back to everyone after the trim was fixed on our 320. The parts took about 5 weeks to come in, then we found one part was wrong, so another 3 weeks... Then when we went to pick up our trailer we found a crack in one of the repaired panels. The dealership ordered one of those and it was installed just in time to winterize and store the trailer. Credit to the dealership for perseverance,a nd it was nice to have a fix under the very tail end of warranty.
    ...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.
  • COHiker06COHiker06 Member Posts: 25
    Just found four cracks in the trim on our camper too. Trying to decide on RTV repair since replacing it will seem to lead to the same issue. I keep the camper under a cover but the CO cold took its toll.

2018 T@B400
    2019 Jeep GC 5.7L
    and two furry bed hogs
    Colorado