Options

Lagun Table Pedestal - Mod for Outside Use

2»

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    dsatwork said:
    Personally I would do and did for that matter the fix @Michigan_Mike showed us. Because it's a much cleaner looking fix than having the lagun table hanging off the side by an inch or more. Just my two cents.
    Thanks!  We have really enjoyed the table and it is convenient and allows you to enjoy the outdoors more.  The visor also gives you a small cafe type feeling out in nature.   I picked up a new table top when I was in Sugarcreek earlier this spring.  The table top is offset some and we are able to pivot it out and away from the trailer which allows you to sit forward into the table and dine.  This is one of the nicer mods and after I had the support post re-drilled (after flipping it upside down, using the opposite end) it solved the problem.  

The factory buys these from a distributor who evidently gets them over in Europe and that is why they come standard and as is.  I will query them to see if they could modify them in house to help with this issue.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    I want to put mine outside, but don't quite have the confidence to make holes through the exterior...I'm a process, not product worker...Where would you go to have someone do it well?!   I bought it aftermarket....for my 2015 Max s. :)
    2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Are you close to the factory @Elk?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NHCraigNHCraig Member Posts: 26
    There is a simpler (but more costly fix) that I found.  We have the outside mount, but couldn't get the table low enough because as discussed, the tightening mechanism is on the right and bumps into the wheel well trim.  Turns out you can buy that vertical support from Lagun with the mechanism on the left.  Costs about $100 with shipping, but once you use that as your vertical support (inside and out) you can get the table as low as you'd like.  So if you're not lucky enough to have a machinist friend, it's an option.
  • Options
    Are you close to the factory @Elk?
       No...Oregon.

• Options
    Our dealer mounted our outside bracket.
  • Options
    NHCraig said:
    There is a simpler (but more costly fix) that I found.  We have the outside mount, but couldn't get the table low enough because as discussed, the tightening mechanism is on the right and bumps into the wheel well trim.  Turns out you can buy that vertical support from Lagun with the mechanism on the left.  Costs about $100 with shipping, but once you use that as your vertical support (inside and out) you can get the table as low as you'd like.  So if you're not lucky enough to have a machinist friend, it's an option.
    I don't have one at all...in or out.  So it's a new addition to my T@B...I do have one friend I can ask... Thanks!

• Options
    Bill@ndRoxBill@ndRox Member Posts: 89

What I heard back from NuCamp today:

At this time we do not have a different locking mechanism with the handle on the left side.

This table is designed to be a standing height table top for when it is attached to the exterior lagun bracket 😊

Let us know if you have any other questions,Thank you and have a great day, 

From: warranty=nucamprv.com@mailgun.org<warranty=nucamprv.com@mailgun.orgOn Behalf Of nuCamp RV - #livefree #campsmart #bedifferent

• Options
    NHCraigNHCraig Member Posts: 26
    NuCamp may not have them, but I went directly to Lagun and got one shipped pretty quickly (handle on left side).
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    NHCraig said:
    NuCamp may not have them, but I went directly to Lagun and got one shipped pretty quickly (handle on left side).
    Is that lagunusa.com?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    BodygoalBodygoal Member Posts: 7
    I've enjoyed using the Lagun table pedestal and decided to bite the bullet and mount an additional face plate on the outside of my T@B.  I found out that in the stock factory condition the aluminum mounting bar cannot be tightened down sufficiently (it's too close to the fender) to allow the table to be lowered down low enough to be used as a dining table outside the trailer.  The interior mounting plate inside the trailer sits just below your knees against the bench area, but once it is mounted outside the trailer it sits higher up (at it's lowest mounting point) and the table cannot be lowered sufficiently for dining use and is more like a bar top style table.  

Attached Image

I contacted the factory and informed them of my findings.  I was informed that the Lagun accessories are purchased from a distributor here in the US, but that the Lagun pedestal is actually designed and manufactured in Sweden so inasmuch as changes might sound easy, there is difficulty in making these types of changes, so I decided to figure things out on my own, consulted with a nearby machine shop and made the changes in real time so that I could use the table both in and outside the trailer.  Obviously there are other viable alternatives (e.g., cutting the pipe an in inch and a half shorter opposite the existing mounting point and installing a duplicate plastic mounting head there as this solves the issue, etc.) but this fix does work and you can make your own decisions should you choose to modify your Lagun pedestal mounting bar and use it in a similar manner.  

Attached Image

Since the pedestal bar is approx. 19-1/2" in length and the plastic top mounting piece sits inside the bar approx. 1-1/2" I had the machine shop cut the tensioning groove to within 3" of the top edge of the bar or an inch and a half from the bottom of the plastic mounting piece.   I also had them drill an additional hole through the bar down about 6" from the top of the bar.  I'm guessing that you could alter this an additional inch upward or 5" an this will still allw the bar to be tightened down enough to hold the bar snuggly against the face plate.  

Attached Image

When mounting an additional face plate outside the trailer (as shown above) it is best to snug the plate up tight to the outside electric receptacle on the newer T@B units, mark the holes with a pencil, pre-drill small pilot holes through the fiberglass exterior, insert the composite offset piece & face plate, use silicone caulk in each hole and screw the face plate down snuggly to the side of the trailer.  No nuts & bolts are needed here and the wood screws supplied by the factory do work well and the screws will be nice and tight into the wood inside the trailer bench area.  It obviously is a good idea to look things over good before drilling any holes and ensure that you are satisfied with this mod as you want to be spot on and happy with the outcome.  

Notice how far the pedestal bar drops down and I undid the locking bolt from the lower hole (used for inside the trailer), flipped it around and used it opposite the fender of the trailer as this allows you to snug the bar down against the face plate easily and the table will sit just above the top of the outside mounting plate and the table is now usable (user friendly if you will) and not so high up on the side of the trailer.  I couldn't be happier with this mod and although this did cost me a few $$$ in labor/time it was a good investment and well worth the upgrade as Linda and I will now be able to leave the bed up and maximize use of the table outside when we are set up at any location.  

Attached Image

• Options
    BodygoalBodygoal Member Posts: 7
    Hello Mike, thanks for the external install information for the Lagun mount. The pictures are not available to see... I just purchased the plate for $59 at Panther RV online, arriving next week. I have the tab 320, Im nervous about getting this done right, is there anyway I can get the pictures with more specifics. Thank you. 
  • Options
    Bump @Michigan_Mike - I think the photos got lost with the Vanilla update.