Options

Where do you store your sewer hose?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Patti - My Rhino has the graduated diameter elbow that goes into the dump hole on one end. That picture looks like an extension hose rather than one that goes to the dump hole so, yes, you would be able to lock the ends together. Here's what mine looks like...

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited July 2015
    I have the same one PXLated has.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited July 2015
    It's nice to have as it fits down into the dump hole. From the picture you posted, I don't know how you'd dump other than letting it just run out on the concrete lip and into the hole. Unless there were two of you, one to hold the hose end over the hole and the other to pull the dump valve. With the one Jenn and I have there's no fuss, no muss and no cleanup. You drop the elbow into the hole, walk over and pull the dump valve and woooosh.
    As I mentioned, that pic looks like it's an extender hose rather than the main dump hose.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    And Patti, if you don't have the end secured in the hole in the ground, hold on tight to that hose end when you pull the valve! It can buck and swing when the 'load' comes down the tube.

Some people will put something heavy on top of it to keep it in place.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    JOEJANETJOEJANET Member Posts: 2
    Technically it should not be in the trailer. Should be in the battery/propane box coiled up, (along with a box of nitrile rubber gloves to handle things during a dump procedure). Otherwise during a trip I just throw it into the back of the pick up.
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    edited July 2015
    This is what I use to clean my hose after every use. Helps to get rid of the ick factor. I found mine at Walmart.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Mercator said:
    I use a Valterra E-Z Hose Carrier that is fastened to the side of the tongue.  It has a cap on each end for easy cleaning and holds a length of sewer hose easily.  The extra fittings (right angle, etc.) go into a small rubbermaid type box.
    Saw your picture, but I can't tell how you attached it.  Can you describe please?  Thanks.
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    Mercator said:
    I use a Valterra E-Z Hose Carrier that is fastened to the side of the tongue.  It has a cap on each end for easy cleaning and holds a length of sewer hose easily.  The extra fittings (right angle, etc.) go into a small rubbermaid type box.
    Saw your picture, but I can't tell how you attached it.  Can you describe please?  Thanks.
    There is a bracket on each end of the tube. Small holes drilled into the frame and self tapping screws. To allow for a slight slope to the rear it only needed one screw in the front bracket. 
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    Thanks for the information and the quick response.  We are used to storing sewer hose in the bumper of our travel trailer so not having that is a new concern.  Love all the solutions on this forum.  Haven't ordered our T@B yet, but getting closer....
  • Options
    StacieStacie Member Posts: 11
    Question....what size hose would you recommend?  :)
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    edited July 2015
    Stacie said:
    Question....what size hose would you recommend?  :)
    Good question.  With my Class C RV I needed a much shorter hose than I do with the T@B.  Reason being, the RV was much longer and the waste gates were at the rear of the rig.  With the T@B being so short you sometimes park further away from the waste drain and the waste gates are on the front of the T@B and the hose must make over a 120 or so degree turn to run back behind the rig.

I have both a 20' and 15' Rinoflex.  If I was starting from scratch I would go with their nice Camco Rinoflex 39741  20' kit that comes with two 10' sections that can be connected if necessary and the proper fittings at each end including the multi threaded waste connection for the inground connection.  Amazon carries it.
  • Options
    So far, I've had plenty of hose with the 15 foot Rhino - All the dumps I've encountered so far have allowed me to get right next to the dump drain. A 10 footer would have been plenty. So with that kit Rad recommended, you might be able to just store the one section and never use it but it's there if you do.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I am going to store my sewer hose at the rear of our T@B just under the license plate. I will be using a 66" length of Corex corrugated drain pipe from Home Depot cost $6.99 for 10' and 2 snap on end caps $2.99 ea. see attached pictures.

imageimageimage
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Cool - How exactly did you attach it to the T@B - Can't really tell from the pic.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    larrygon said:
    This is what I use to clean my hose after every use. Helps to get rid of the ick factor. I found mine at Walmart.
    I always rinse mine with the Flushking after dumping.
    JOEJANET said:
    Technically it should not be in the trailer. Should be in the battery/propane box coiled up, (along with a box of nitrile rubber gloves to handle things during a dump procedure). Otherwise during a trip I just throw it into the back of the pick up.
    I always use gloves, cap it, and put it in the propane box. If I used one of those special carriers, I would have to take the donut end off every time. The current method is quick and easy.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    PLX: I used a 3/4 X1/6x66" flat aluminum on the inside with 4 quarter inch bolts from the inside. Through bolted to roll pan with neoprene washers. Now you must die or swear to not ever divulge this secret.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
  • Options
    FrankonsandFrankonsand Member Posts: 19
    I too was frustrated by little guys incomplete design and a desire to store a sewer hose with an elbow and translucent 45 degree adapter, and not have to disconnect them, yuk.
    Here is what I came up with. I added a short 6" pvc pipe toward the bottom where the original 4" pipe sat. I added a 6" end cap to that. I cut the 4" original pipe so that it could still hold the 90 degree elbow. It a manages to fit, drain and stay outside of "comfort@ble"..
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I just finished putting a 64" tube, made for sewer hoses, along the passenger side of the tongue. If you do it, be sure your stabilizer still extends and retracts. I need to go buy some additional straps because only the top screw can attach to the frame--it's obviously made for the frame of the big guys. I can put a 5' and a 15' sewer hose in it, not the 10' and 15' ones I had planned for. Oh well, I'm now able to put my connectors and 10' hose in a much smaller Rubbermaid container in the truck bed than I had to use for all of them.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I'm an "in the propane box with you type" - Works well, is out of sight, no fuss, no muss.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Austin, Marvin #2 from Pleasant Valley at Tearstock, thanked me when I told him the sewer hose in the "tub" had only been used for gray water. I don't blame him for not wanting to "mess" with a black tank sewer hose while he was replacing my tub with a diamond plate tub. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Verna said:
    Austin, Marvin #2 from Pleasant Valley at Tearstock, thanked me when I told him the sewer hose in the "tub" had only been used for gray water. I don't blame him for not wanting to "mess" with a black tank sewer hose while he was replacing my tub with a diamond plate tub. 
    Marvin #2.  :) Such a good, hard working guy! He made some adjustments to my former SS at tearstock last year (replaced black weatherstripping and a couple other minor things) with skill and a desire, I believe, to make my camper first (and me second, as it should be) feel better. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    My dealer told me that pipe in the batt box is for holding the jack wheel while traveling....

2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Did your dealer demonstrate how to insert a 5" wheel into a 4" hole?  :-) 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Um, @ScottG, The OTHER end of the wheel! That's where I store mine as well. =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Um, @ScottG, The OTHER end of the wheel! That's where I store mine as well. =)
    Yeah, I figured as much.  ;-)
    But how many times have you had to replace your jocky wheel after it bounced out onto the highway?  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @ScottG, Uh, none....fits pretty snug & I'm not doin' the Baja! :fearful::rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Okay! I give up!
    Maybe now that I no longer use that tube to carry my sewer hose, I'll try stickin' my jocky wheel in there after all!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    JdcoupleJdcouple Member Posts: 96
    Home made but I have seen an expensive kit. 

2017 T@B Outback, 2000 Excursion V10 4x4

• Options
    seitzmikeseitzmike Member Posts: 25
    We solved the problem by strapping a 4X4 pvc fence post to the side of the tongue.  1)  cut fence post to length.  2)  cut out a section on one side of the post to accomodate the elbow.  3)  drill a hole or two in a post cap and place on the end that will go under the trailer 4) Place cap on end nearest vehicle and drill hole for removeable pin to secure cap to post. 5) using metal strapping, secure post to trailer rails ahead of trailer box.
    2016 T@B CS-S   2016 KIA Sorento   Vancouver, WA