Portable grills

13»

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @TerryV6 here’s my campfire. With all the summer burn bans from wildfire season in Washington State I’ve only been denied using this once in two years. And... you can roast marshmallows!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    @ScottG the brass caps arrived from Amazon today and they fit the 1# propane canister perfectly. I had tried a brass garden hose cap but it was too big. I also tried Sportsman Warehouse but their caps were for bigger tanks. The re-seated valve stem from the poke is still holding, but it's real nice having a cap on it just in case. The package I ordered contained three caps. Here is the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073JMN59K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Homebodyatheart,  that is welcoming looking campsite.  If there is coffee on, we will stop by...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @TerryV6 it would be my pleasure! Here’s an idea for you. Not mine, but it was worth snagging!

I particularly like the marshmallow to cracker ratio! Have you ever used canned chocolate fudge cake frosting instead of Hershey bars on your graham crackers? It’s really good! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Caps added to Shopping List. Thanks @dsfdogs!

2015 T@B S
    “Brass caps” —— I might use these to keep track of new versus partial used, of which I have a few.  I also tried that refill method.  Mixed results with that.
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• cueball77cueball77 Member Posts: 3
    We like the Weber Go Anywhere Charcoal Grill. Compact ,Small and can fit on a camp table or a small aluminum folding table   =)
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @cueball77, congrats on your first post, though you've been lurking for some time. Welcome to the forum!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    Yes cueball, welcome!
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• JdcoupleJdcouple Member Posts: 96
    We just use a small Webber. We use charcoal at home and love it so camping isn't any different.

2017 T@B Outback, 2000 Excursion V10 4x4

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Thought I would share a TaG owners solution for a portable grill.  This would be very useful for clamshell owners with limited weight or storage constraints.  It fits over the TaG stove, so should fit over the CSS stove, too.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dawnebrdawnebr Member Posts: 1
    We bought a Biolite... GREAT stove... just waiting for our T@b to come in LOL
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    I have used a propane Weber Go-Anywhere “suitcase” grill for years.  When it finally died, I replaced it with the charcoal version.  We much prefer the flavor of charcoaling with some added wood chips, even though propane is a bit more convenient.
  • PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    TNOutback said:
    I have used a propane Weber Go-Anywhere “suitcase” grill for years.  When it finally died, I replaced it with the charcoal version.  We much prefer the flavor of charcoaling with some added wood chips, even though propane is a bit more convenient.
    I am planning on getting a Go-Anywhere gas grill -- but they are currently out of stock.  With all of the burn bans out here in the West, I think gas will be more practical.
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    After using a Q1200 for 18 months switched to Coleman Roadtrip for 2 years. I received a Weber Traveler for a gift and have been putting it through its’ paces on my current 4 night camping trip. It has performed really well. Larger grilling surface than either Q or roadtrip, with pretty even controlled  heat and grills really nice. I have room in the bed of my Tundra for it for the large footprint. I would highly rate the quality of the build and how well it grills. I use the Tab’s propane for fuel as I think the small bottles wouldn’t last long. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 270
    Camp chef ranger II Great cooktop and connects to our Tab´s LP quick connect  
    I had a Coleman Roadtrip but didn’t like how it heated things, plus it’s heavy and the welds on the legs were failing. I’ve got the Weber Go-Anywhere gas grill and love it! It’s lightweight, does the job, and is under $100. 
  • GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 76
    We had the grill burner combination. Gave it to the younguns. We still had and use an older two burner with bottles. If we have shore power we often use a electric  griddle. Cheap $20, used for past 10 years I think. Cooked some mighty fine steaks on that cheap thing. Nice for breakfast things. Kept the griddle and Coleman for a couple years under the bed boards of our T@G (recently departed T@G). I have the sick feeling that we will have to refill the onboard bottle more often with the TAB.
    Gig Harbor Tom
    2020 TAB 320 S Boondock Lite
    2019 Toyota 4 Runner
    Puget Sound Country
  • rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 178
    I had a regular 2 burner camp stove and a portable smoker. Loved the smoker but heavy and a bear to clean. Changed to this low profile Coleman 2 burner camp stove (comes with it's own padded case) and a single burner 17" Blackstone griddle. Much more flexible for the 2 of us. I put it on a folding GCI Outdoors Master Camp kitchen (nice and roomy and folds up like camp chair and fits behind driver's seat with chairs in my truck). I use 5 lb propane tanks for them (had to get adapter hose for both) and store them in 2 gal buckets (for stability and ease of transport). 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    We use a propane Eureka two burner camp stove, that has very sensitive burner controls, that allow us to get perfect temperatures every time. We also have an 11 pound refillable propane tank so we don’t need the one pound disposable tanks any longer. We only use the Tab stove for heating hot water since that is what it seems to do best.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 65
    elbolillo said:
    Camp chef ranger II Great cooktop and connects to our Tab´s LP quick connect  
    Would 2nd @elbolillo on the Camp Chef and its 2 powerful burners.  Not compact by any means, lives in a tote in the TV when not in use.  We connect it to the low pressure propane port of the T@B400 with a 24' hose with a shutoff valve. Not sure if I would go with the 24' long hose again too long. Mostly we are set up with the stove by the back anyway.   We cook over fire when campground grills/fire rings are available.  In the market for a backup small portable charcoal grill like the notebook from firesense or the ecoque. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 445
    edited June 2022
    Camp Chef Ranger II. Connects to our T@B's quick release connector so we don't have to carry any other tanks.
    Carry it in our SUV.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York