Options

No Alde heat on electric, but it works fine on propane

2»

Comments

• Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    I suspect you could replace the digital control as the switch to digital was done by several members themselves, but I defer to Scott, Verna, and Ratkity on technical matters. 
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, @Ratkity, there are more options on the digital displays. I personally, love the Night setting as it is like the set back feature of a home thermometer. I prefer to sleep cooler than daytime temps, and I can set the temp for any temp I want (within the limits of the display).

I also do not have the Flow feature on in the T@B 400 Alde 3020 turned on. I’ve Never ran out of water and I can’t justify the extra propane use for the feature. 

And @Ratkity is correct about the difference in size between the two displays. I used a drywall saw to enlarge the hole for the digitall display, and there was also a wooden backplate that was available to hide the difference in the size of holes.

I never could find anyone who wanted my analog display, so I recycled it at the local Tox Drop day. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I have the digital control panel and am very glad my trailer came with it. How do you troubleshoot problems without it, or even know when your water is hot enough to do your dishes?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    I stick my finger under the tap. If I say "ouch" I know the water is hot enough!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    ScottG said:
    I stick my finger under the tap. If I say "ouch" I know the water is hot enough!  ;-)
    Scott—LOL

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Photomom said:
    I have the digital control panel and am very glad my trailer came with it. How do you troubleshoot problems without it, or even know when your water is hot enough to do your dishes?
    It takes about 15 minutes. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I'd never heard of or seen a T@B until stumbling upon one at a dealer lot. There was no deliberation, and commitment was immediate (though I didn't share that with the salesman--ha ha). However, as much as I love the upgrade from a tent to the T@B, I've always had the nagging feeling that the Alde was just a little too complicated for something that is supposed to be a simple pastime.
    That said, the Alde does do its job very well, so I've managed to adjust and soldier on. I'm keepin' my little sliders, though!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I note that some of y’all who are tweaking me have installed fancy battery monitoring computers in your trailers so you can check the voltage...
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Photomom said:
    I note that some of y’all who are tweaking me have installed fancy battery monitoring computers in your trailers so you can check the voltage...
    All joking aside, diagnosing problems is tougher with the old school panel. It has been on my list to upgrade...it just has not made it, yet.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Photomom said:
    Photomom said:
    @Photomom, recalling that you are also a former tent camper, I did entertain the thought that you just might have been tweaking us.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    stephengstepheng Member Posts: 109
    I had the no electric heat/hot water problem in our T@B 320S on our most recent trip.  I didn't have internet that night so I just switched to propane and all worked fine.  Next night at a new campground I had same issue, but this time checked the forum and saw @Petroffski post that his Alde unit was not plugged in and therefore no electric heat, but worked fine on propane. Never thought to look under the seat, but when I did I found that the Alde plug had vibrated out of the outlet.  I plugged in back in and it worked fine.  Had the same issue a couple of nights later, checked under the seat and the plug had vibrated out again.

When we returned home I decide to fix the once and for all (hopefully).

I removed the double outlet under the seat, installed a drywall electrical box in the wall along with a Leviton 4710 single outlet. I then replaced the plug on the Alde (and shortened the cord) with a Leviton 4720-C plug. This is a twist lock plug/receptacle similar to the 30A power connection on the outside of the trailer.
    Below are a couple of photos showing the receptacle and plug.  You can also see I have installed the high altitude switch in the Alde propane line.

2022 T@B 320S Boondock
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592
    @stephengWell Done
    Much cleaner than my quick-fix, LOL

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+