Options

Groove left on exterior after installing awning

Hi, i was wondering if any one has seen this happen to the exterior trim after installing an awning through the keder rail. the awning is the Pahaque awning which i just received. i just pick up the camper last weekend, so bummed. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,525
    I agree with TerryV6.  Start the keder cording from rear to front and remove in reverse.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    wjriling1wjriling1 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you. I watched an install video on youtube and the demonstrator fed it from the front. I’ll try it from the rear next time.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Just to emphasize...  Don't start from the extreme rear, look for the widened area TerryV6 mentioned. It's a little ahead of the back end of the keder rail.
    Skip the yootoob videos and just take a look around. It'll quickly become obvious how it all goes together!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Incorrect information on YouTube? I’m shocked. Next you’ll be saying the T@B pages on Facebook lead people astray.  
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    wjriling1wjriling1 Member Posts: 4
    The video was actually straight from the Pahaque youtube channel. sigh
  • Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 273
    Be careful on generalizations. The video is correct for the way they used to be. That's the way we do ours. Looks like NuCamp closed the distance between the trim and the Keder rail.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Good point @ChrisK. This must have been one of the several improvements made around the 2014-2015 model transition. My 2015 (built December 2014) has the narrower gap and the widened section of the keder rail toward the rear.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    greggillgreggill Member Posts: 45
    Funny story. When we first got our tab I didn't realize the keder rail was for the awning I thought it was part of the trim. I thought mine was defective because it had a couple of places that were to wide. Glad I didn't call the factory to complain. Live and learn. If the trim piece with the groove worn in bugs you it can probably be easily replaced.