Probing -- Thoughts on a truly "basic" T@B

ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
Okay, so we've had the H@wk T@B for not quite four years, and sadly he's sat in our driveway far longer than we anticipated.  We love being out in him, but we haven't quite reached the point in life where we can really put this guy to good use.  We've made some serious mods (done by the NuCamp crew), going from a CS Max to a....  well, I'm not sure what he would be considered.  We've turned the front bench into a shelved storage area and added an outlet to that zone, taken out the sink and stove and put in additional counter space, and removed the rear TV and added a third cabinet door in the upper area.  The speakers are still operational in the back, so the audio is functional.  We've also trimmed down and recovered the cushions to do a modified double-twin bed setup.

Now, if I were in the good ol' PacNW, I wouldn't be quite as concerned with selling this considering the nice big Seahawk logo on the back, but I'm in the mid-Atlantic area where 'Hawk fans are not quite as plentiful.  With this full disclosure, along with the photos below, what kind of interest do folks think we might get, and what kind of price might be reasonable.  We're planning to go back to the dealer where we purchased just to see what they'll offer, but as they say, knowledge is power, and I'd love to have some opinions from the T@B-ing community.

Oh, and I should add, included with the purchase would be a Pahaque cover, the awning, and to allow for cooking, a Coleman Roadtrip LXE grill...

John & Lori in Northern VA
Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Try calling a local print/decal shop to investigate removing the decal. If I remember correctly someone did this once but it did leave a bit of a shadow. Good luck with your decisions!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Agree about the decal. Can it possibly just peel right off like the original T@B graphics?
    Graphics aside, your question is a good one but hard to answer. In general, owners seem to favor non-CS models with a bathroom. I'm guessing most also like their sink and stove. However, those are just statistics and don't prove anything. There are people who love their clamshell and would probably appreciate the simple versatility of your set-up. Cross paths with one of those and you've got a sale!
    Are you committed to selling it one way or the other? If so, why not just advertise it and see what happens?
    2015 T@B S
  • ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
    edited January 2019
    We're definitely planning to sell, just haven't decided if we're going to give it back to the dealer or go private.
    As for the sticker, that might be the challenge.  It's the Fathead Street Grip that is designed to adhere to concrete.  They tell you don't apply it to anything you might want to remove it from.  I'm going to try a heat gun removal of a small sticker to test the viability of removing the big boy, so we'll see what happens.

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Well I guess nobody can accuse you of not being a dedicated fan!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S
    GO HAWKS!!!  :smiley:

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @ronin718- a true 12th man!  Go Hawks and good luck! ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

So the good news is the decals are coming off clean and easy.  It seems time and humidity have worked together to soften the adhesive, and they come off with only a little glue residue around the edges that comes off easily.

The sad news is they're coming off.  :disappointed:  We've had fun with this guy, and it's a sad day to see the end of the H@wk T@B.

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @ronin718, good to hear the decals are coming off without an overload of effort, but as with any family a loss to one is a loss to all. Wishing you joy and success in all future journeys. Stop by now and again and let us know how you're doing.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    edited May 2019
    I have no idea if this works but it might be worth a try. 
    ~~~~~~~
    Decal Removal Eraser Wheel Tool Kit - 4 inch Rubber Power Drill Attachment for Removing Pinstripes, Stickers, Adhesive Vinyl Decals from Cars, Rvs, Boats and More by Canopus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079RVH36L
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    I used a wheel to remove some graphics from an R-pod and it worked well although it went through quite a bit of the wheel. A big job might require several wheels. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
    @dragonsdofly ...  Oh, trust me, I won't be that easy to get rid of.  There will still be the thrill of seeing T@Bs on the road.  :smile:

• DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    I'm not at all a sports fan, but I can see how having the "wrong team" logo on a trailer would put some folks off ;)

I was seriously considering getting some graphics on Binky.. I love my T@B but I might have chosen trim color other than white to give it bit more character to him (he's white with white.. a bit boring).. The shape of the T@B makes me think "OMG I should totally do a Star Trek TNG Shuttle!!!"  Except if I were going to spend the money on a wrap .. for me, it would need to fit in to the medieval theme as I do a big reenactment event and face the prospect of having to "obscure" him from view as it is...

Still I'm glad to hear it's coming off.

Go, my favorite sports team; score a goal/unit/basket in the scrimmage! Our team is number one in points!!!!  (there, did I sports correctly?)

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I LOVE your basic trailer. There will be folks that are interested. If I didn't have one, I'd be interested.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
    Well, Uteki is now sold.  While we recognize we could've gotten a better price selling it ourselves, we took him back to the dealer we got it from and sold him there.  We got a price on the higher end of the range I expected to get from them, so we weren't really disappointed, and it went very simply and easily (maybe too much so).

So if anyone in the Mid-Atlantic area is looking for a modified and slightly stripped down 2015 CS Max minus the stove/sink, head to Beckleys Camping Center in Thurmont, MD.