Options

The T@B parts — list dealers who are willing to order parts

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    I have sent an email to Scott Hubble regarding the parts list.  I will let you know the results.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
    A parts list should be included with every trailer at the time of production that way owners are armed with the correct information for that model's construction date.
    2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
    2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
    Tampa, Florida
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I have never seen a list provided with any other trailer or vehicle, probably isn't happening. Parts availability and manuals are a frequent topic here and while maybe there could be improvement, NuCamp is at or above the industry standard for those areas. There is no jacking instructions with other brands either for instance (same complaints here as in Rpod groups). What NuCamp does provide is well constructed units and will go to bat for the customer AFTER the sale if brought to their attention that the dealer isn't taking care of the issue and that is magnitudes of order better than almost any other make.

My dealer has promptly answered any questions about options and parts so far, I am so far happy with the entire experience.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    I have never seen a list provided with any other trailer or vehicle, probably isn't happening. Parts availability and manuals are a frequent topic here and while maybe there could be improvement, NuCamp is at or above the industry standard for those areas. There is no jacking instructions with other brands either for instance (same complaints here as in Rpod groups). What NuCamp does provide is well constructed units and will go to bat for the customer AFTER the sale if brought to their attention that the dealer isn't taking care of the issue and that is magnitudes of order better than almost any other make.

My dealer has promptly answered any questions about options and parts so far, I am so far happy with the entire experience.
    X2 We have never been back to the dealer or required help from NuCamp for our 2015 Sofitel. We did stop by Alde. I wanted to pick up a couple of pex fitting to keep as spares since they are special to Alde. They just gave them to me no charge along with a goody bag with all kinds of stuff including a great Alde coffee mug. Alde and NuCamp are both great products.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    edited February 2019
    @N7SHG_Ham
    While Airstream is NOT the place to look for build quality, their documentation is the bar to reach.  See below.   Parts book, schematics, plumbing spec guide, etc is all included.  Without this, how can a mobile RV tech service your unit while stranded on the road in the middle of nowhere?   Normally I keep my peace but this is a topic I can’t self help on without a great deal of energy expended.  Having created two schematics for the 400 so far, I really would have appreciated that info being provided by the tech Dept.  NuCamp has come so far, please complete the circle.  

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-Basecamp-Parts-Book-1.pdf
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Well Airstream may be an exception, but in reading other forms it seems the parts/manuals complaints aren't unique to NuCamp. Could they do better? Sure. Maybe they don't do a manual because the majority of systems come from off the shelf vendors and maybe that changes often? Look at all the 400 changes alone in the past year.

It seems maintaining a Web site or manuals isn't high priority, I guess maybe some goals for 2019 :)
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    When I comment about numCamp to other RV owners, this is the only thing I point out that can be done better. 
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Stronger. The dealers they have been bringing in to the factory (that I know of) have been existing dealers. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414

Missouri Teardrop Trailers

Dana Parsons
    (660) 909-3553

Just outside of Kansas City, Missouri. Small low overhead dealership that sells primarily nüCamp. 

We have sent folks to our dealer and he has been able to drop ship parts at reasonable prices because the person’s dealer refused to order.  That’s a habit dealers are going to have to get into and maybe nüCamp needs to make them directly aware of the change. I can’t imagine they haven’t but the couple cases I have seen, the dealer wanted nothing to do with ordering.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    So, last week I emailed Scott Hubble regarding the suggestion of providing a parts list.  He reported that Elsie had compiled a list - for the dealers.  He was not sure if it had been distributed yet.  I followed up by asking “any chance the list can be made available to the owners?” And I have not heard back yet.  I wonder if they would consider posting their parts list on their website?  
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited March 2019
    @lkc001, here is a list created by your peers. There are some dealers listed.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    ? where was the list?
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @ilc001 I think she's referring to this whole thread. There are several dealers mentioned throughout who have been willing to order/drop ship to members.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @lkc001, because of all the comments placed here by your peers, you will need to read this entire thread. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Thank you for clearing that up
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    I found this over on the TaG forum.  This is a good resource for adding an outside storage door and maybe pieces parts for all our various doors and hatches.  

https://www.challengerdoor.com/teardrop-trailer-doors/
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    X2 re: Challenger Door. I contacted them directly one time, when considering adding a cargo door to our Tab. They were very easy to work with. Alas, I never ordered the door because shipping would have been a little too high.
    I found this over on the TaG forum.  This is a good resource for adding an outside storage door and maybe pieces parts for all our various doors and hatches.  

https://www.challengerdoor.com/teardrop-trailer-doors/

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    cbrueggecbruegge Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a used t@b this fall, from an owner who obviously didn't know how to maintain the camper.  I have had to order several parts, including a new fresh water tank.   I was able to get help from Eric at Little Guy Trailers in San Diego.   Evidently finding the part number was not easy, as there were 2 different tanks used in the 2018 320S.   A few pictures later, plus some measurements, and the part was ordered the same day I contacted Eric.  He even texted me to confirm shipment.
  • Options
    @cbruegge  - That dealer does have a good reputation.  What happened to the fresh water tank?