Options

Full-timing Solo Female

Thinking of downsizing from a 32' motorhome to a T@B 320 CS-S or similar. Is anyone full-time living in a T@B (besides Mandy and Kendrick)? Especially if solo female, wish to know how it's going? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    There is a female TaB Forum member with a blog (Travels with the Tiny) who is living full time in her 320 TaB.  I can’t remember her ID.  There is also a lady I saw on YouTube.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @Sharon_is_SAM, thank you for pointing me to Travels With The Tiny! She's fun to read!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I full time full time in my 2019 T@B 400. But, no blog. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    I have a T@B CS-S and I spend a month on the road every summer.
    I love my clamshell but I think that the T@B with the inside kitchen ( T@B 320 S) would be better for full-timing.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    I don’t full time, but @Dalehelman and his wife traded down from a 40’ trailer to a Tab 320S Sofitel and love it. They usually spend three months each year in warmer climates, so they part time-full time I guess. Hope this helps! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Thinking of downsizing from a 32' motorhome to a T@B 320 CS-S or similar. Is anyone full-time living in a T@B (besides Mandy and Kendrick)? Especially if solo female, wish to know how it's going? Thanks!
    I spent 3 months FT during the summer of 2016. I had a job that allowed me to work remotely, at the time. The 320 was plenty big enough for me and my dog, but if I were to go FT, again, I would seriously consider the 400 for the closet. I am not 100% sure I would switch, but I would consider it. The 320 fits into some spots that the 400 cannot and the 320 is very maneuverable in tight spaces. Also....gas mileage. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RandylroseRandylrose Member Posts: 4

Hello Everyone and THANK YOU! I certainly appreciate all (8) as of March, wonderful replies and ideas from each of you!

I’m a bit slow getting back so I apologize. Lots of wonderful information. I’m thinking about several aspects mentioned –( the clam shell is delightful vs the 400 more comfortable in stormy weather) . A wet bath is a must for full-timing I feel. The 400 would probably be my choice and I will still be sorting, coming out of a 32 foot stuffed motorhome. I think the actual towing aspect had me intimidated, however Amanda (Restless Native) mentioned  grand kids, so I’m not alone in attempting to do this in my later years. Thank you ‘Sharon_is_Sam’ for finding the “Travels with the Tiny” reference which ChanW likes also. Thank You Verna and Marceline for listing ideas and all of your tow vehicles helped me realize that my V6 Jeep Grand Cherokee can probably tow! Thank you Jenn Grover also for the size comparison. I’d love the lighter, smaller idea, but overall, space & live-ability are my main focus . Homebody-at-Heart, I appreciate your notes. From 40 feet (& 32) to a T@B equals a lot of yard sales and flea markets! LOL That’s encouraging since your friends did it! I’m turning 70 this Friday (Good Friday) and getting closer to my goal of doing this! Thanks everyone for the feedback and keeping this (my only blog attempt) going. LOL I hope I get to meet you all sometime, along with my little Maltese, Sandyl Rose.

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @jkjenn I was just reading through this post and saw that you mentioned going FT for awhile in 2016.  Wondering if you spent any time in any free camping spots in Colorado within 1-2 hours of Denver, like BLM land or something that might be possible to find free camping areas without making reservations a long time in advance?   I'm scouting out information since I just got my Tab @ a month ago.  Thanks!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,653
    A site called FreeCampsites.net will help.  A bit clunky, and you need to read the reviews carefully, but it is useful.

The Forest Service also has an interactive map with plenty of different resources.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    Financially, I bought my 2016 CSS outright, new, and to buy a 400 is just too much. I love my clamshell and have an easy REI shelter so cook even in the rain. I have the front bench so can set up to work inside if necessary. Consider having the visiting family set up in a large cabin tent next to you. Even the 400 with the small WC is a bit "intimate" for a crowd! My son has gone from a little guy (pun intended) to taller than me since I bought it, and he now is in a tent with a nice cot when stopped more than a night. I still have 2 huge dogs in the camper. Spending more and more months in the 320 and will get to full timing in it. Nothing beats being able to pull it to the TV by hand.  WIll follow your journeys!
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    jhansardjhansard Member Posts: 9
    Ive done 2 cross country trips & one to Alaska for 3-4 months each.  Love it, and seriously considering selling my condo & going full time for 6 months to 2 years!😁
  • Options
    RandylroseRandylrose Member Posts: 4
    I love the idea! And Alaska seems to be on everyone's visit list lately. Thank you for posting. I see you are towing it with a mini-van?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    jhansard said:
    Ive done 2 cross country trips & one to Alaska for 3-4 months each.  Love it, and seriously considering selling my condo & going full time for 6 months to 2 years!😁
    Oh, how fun! Keep us posted!!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Oh my goodness! I've been lurking off line for several weeks now because I want to RV in a T@b desperately but have been worried about traveling alone. With my little white dog. I will have to wait about a year (maybe less if I can get my hands on one sooner) so lots of time to consider, plan and prepare. This particular thread has given me lots of reassurance! Thanks for that!
  • Options
    Welcome @GlassArtistCamper!  You came to the right place.  Keep reading and please consider creating a discussion to introduce yourself.  New TaBs are a long wait and selling at a premium right now, used TaBs are around.  The market for used TaBs is still going strong, but has slowed in the last few weeks as far as sales on the forum go.  You would be smart to wait until next spring to purchase as we expect there will be a big turn over.  In the meantime, enjoy the forum!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio