Comments

• MikeJulieAdventureMikeJulieAdventure Member Posts: 14
    We are in the ordering Phase for our 2020 320S Boondock. Does anyone have any comment on the various upgrades on this trailer? I prefer factory install on most things we are adding but I don't know the value of these items. Are their must have factory additions?
    • Factory-installed rooftop solar panels (inc)
    • Factory-installed upgraded MaxxAir Fan 6200K ($245)
    • Factory-installed Victron BMV-700 Battery Montior ($163) & Victron Bluetooth Monitor adapter ($60)
    • Dealer-installed Airhead Composting Toilet ($1600) (w/ NEW unused liquid and solid tanks provided)
    • 2,000W Inverter Generator ($499) - run the air conditioner while boondocking!
    • Proven Industries Hitch Lock ($245)
    • Dual 12v Batteries for 232AH! ($350)
    • RV Lock Wireless Door Lock ($160) w/ TWO fobs
    • Tekonsha 90250 Prodigy RF Electronic Brake Controller ($260) 
    • Delta Professional Series kitchen faucet ($130)
    • 12v Tire Air Compressor
    • 8.5 Ft Telescoping Extension Ladder ($145)
    • BAL 28050 Tire Leveler System ($60)
    • Camco 55310 Surge Protector/Circuit Analyzer

• ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    You pretty much covered everything. We did a custom order as well with many of the choices you list. Other things to consider, you can mail them upholstery fabric if you wish to customize your interior, we did. We ordered from Fabric.com. You need 6 yards but it will delay your order 6-8 weeks. Which Boondock? We ordered the Lite but paid for the full size spare which then got us the full rack thingy platform on the front and no worries about where to put the tire. We also paid for the marmoleum floor which is part of the Edge. We like the color, the durability and less off gases of it. I’ll look at our order and see if there is anything else I am missing, I think the rest is all related to it being a U for us.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

There may be 700 posts here now sorry. Too lazy to edit. When we ordered the lock we went with the one with the bigger oval on the side instead of the square. We also ordered 2 baggage door locks with it so they would be keyed the same. We will only really use one but it’s important. If not, almost all of those locks are the same key in the world. Also, we got the lagun mount put outside. It gives us the opportunity to put the table someplace easy and safe when we sleep and a place for the ice maker. 

• Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    We also placed an order last weekend for a 2020 Boondock Lite. According to Miller's, the changes for 2020 are: a 400-style door with storage cubbies ; a darker stain for the cabinetry; and the overhead A/C is being replaced with a ducted Cool Cat mounted 400-style under passenger side bench. This will eliminate the outside baggage door, but the former A/C cabinet becomes storage. 
    Their link to a factory video wasn't working so they couldn't show us any images on the spot, but I'm not too worried about it. 
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    We also placed an order last weekend for a 2020 Boondock Lite.
    . . . changes for 2020 are: ;
    -+- a darker stain for the cabinetry;
    -+- overhead A/C is being replaced with a ducted Cool Cat mounted 400-style under passenger side bench.
    Perhaps these are enhancements but first reaction is why - - - -
    Big reasons I liked and purchased my 2018 was the light wood color and wall mounted AC.
    Don't see how a cabinet in the old AC location is an improvement with the lose of access and storage under the rear bench.

We are in the ordering Phase for our 2020 320S Boondock.
    Lucky you.  I asked for that change while ordering in Dec-2017 and was told No.  Interesting how what will be allowed/supported by nüCamp changes so quickly.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited March 2019
    @MikeJulieAdventure
    Rooftop solar - great for convenience, but you need to keep your TaB in the sun.

Maxair Fan- low amp draw, quiet with multiple settings.  Many enjoy this fan.

Victron Battery Monitor - need a good monitor if you plan to boondock.  This is an excellent choice, but there is an updated version with a built in bluetooth.

Your choice of batteries will be determined by how you camp.  Do you use campgrounds with electricity typically?  Then you may do well with the stock 75 amp wet lead acid battery provided by the dealer.  Do you boondock a lot, do you work on the road and use lots of tech?  Then you will probably need to upgrade your battery to have more capacity.

Everyone needs a brake controller- either installed in your underdash or a RF controller with a less invasive hook up.

You will need a leveling device. Bal and Anderson are both popular in addition to blocks.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I highly recommend the Maxxair Maxxfan 6200k. We ordered our T@B with it and are glad we did. You can have ventilation without any concerns about rain. Before ordering we thought the remote control was silly but it’s turned out to be very useful and it gives you access to a lot of functions like thermostatic control.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @Travelin3D did millers have a brochure or list of all the changes in the 2020 model?     
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
    @Cbusguy no, it was all verbal as I described above. I think materials are probably being prepared as the new models go into production this month. If I get anything more definitive I will pass it along.
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    What is the ladder for?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
    To reach the top of the TaB to wash it?  To clean the solar panels?
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have a 10’ for washing the top of the 400 and for problems that may come around. It telescopes from about 3’ to the 10’ length and is only about 3” wide. It stays in the truck bed and is totally out of the way. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @MikeJulieAdventure one consideration with the Maxx fan is height clearance where you store your Tab. I can’t put one on and get it in the shed. We also custom ordered our 2017 320S. We added the outside Lagun bracket but have never used it. I would order split rear racheting seats in a heartbeat! Good luck!  
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    . . .  would order split rear racheting seats in a heartbeat! Good luck!  
    If I had known a split rear bench seat was available I also would have ordered one. But no "options list" an I lacked the imagination to ask.

That said, if dealer information is correct for yr-2020 and the AC unit will be the larger cool-cat (like in a 400) located under the rear bench passenger side then the split seat is of little use.

Expect there will be next to no usable storage under the bench with both AC & Adle back there.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
    @MuttonChops After reading the positive comments above, I inquired about swapping out the standard fan for the Maxx and was told the factory no longer does things like that to keep the assembly line moving - it would have to be done at the dealer level.  @Photomom, I think you lucked out in your timing.
    So @MikeJulieAdventure, the solar panels are ok and they will come with some brand of controller, but you may not be able to specify the Vectron items or the Maxx fan. Let us know how you make out.  
    @Travelin3D did your dealer tell you that? You can also have it done right after as a mod with Austin so they can just leave the hole for it. Anything can be done with Austin at the end. Our order is coming with a Maxx fan in 6 days. They also installed our hardwired Progressive EMS and our Victron Battery Monitor. You give them the mods you want and they will decide what happens on the line and which are done after. They won’t be done for free, but they will be done by the absolute pros. 

We tried out local dealer and they were not willing to deal with the changes we wanted. We found the next closest and his answer was always let me ask and let’s make it happen. We drove to Ohio for vacation, dropped off fabric for our seats and took a factory tour. We asked about every single thing we wanted, met with Austin, then typed up a big ole list that we emailed to the dealer 3 hours away. Best decision we ever made! We pick up our fully customized to our desire T@B on March 15th.

@Travelin3D I appreciate any info you could forward on.   

@ColleenD2 there was no mention of having anything done post-assembly line as a mod, so there seems to be a disconnect somewhere.  Maybe sending an email to Austin will help clear things up for me.  Glad to hear you're getting what you wanted; I'm sure the 15th can't come soon enough!

@Cbusguy will do.
    Hi Colleen,
    Our 320 will be a Boondock edge.
    Sorry for the delay and confusion over the options I noted. These are not what we have on order but a list from a T@B that is for sale with these options. I was trying to get some input to see if there was a value to adding them.
    Great responses!!!
    We also placed an order last weekend for a 2020 Boondock Lite.
    . . . changes for 2020 are: ;
    -+- a darker stain for the cabinetry;
    -+- overhead A/C is being replaced with a ducted Cool Cat mounted 400-style under passenger side bench.
    Perhaps these are enhancements but first reaction is why - - - -
    Big reasons I liked and purchased my 2018 was the light wood color and wall mounted AC.
    Don't see how a cabinet in the old AC location is an improvement with the lose of access and storage under the rear bench.

We are in the ordering Phase for our 2020 320S Boondock.
    Lucky you.  I asked for that change while ordering in Dec-2017 and was told No.  Interesting how what will be allowed/supported by nüCamp changes so quickly.
    HI MuttonChops,
    These were just ideas from another post on installed options. I hadn't heard the stain color was changing. Does anyone have an image of this?
    @MikeJulieAdventure one consideration with the Maxx fan is height clearance where you store your Tab. I can’t put one on and get it in the shed. We also custom ordered our 2017 320S. We added the outside Lagun bracket but have never used it. I would order split rear racheting seats in a heartbeat! Good luck!  
    Thank you for the input on the height. I did not think of that but it is an important factor.
    @MikeJulieAdventure
    Rooftop solar - great for convenience, but you need to keep your TaB in the sun.

Maxair Fan- low amp draw, quiet with multiple settings.  Many enjoy this fan.

Victron Battery Monitor - need a good monitor if you plan to boondock.  This is an excellent choice, but there is an updated version with a built in bluetooth.

Your choice of batteries will be determined by how you camp.  Do you use campgrounds with electricity typically?  Then you may do well with the stock 75 amp wet lead acid battery provided by the dealer.  Do you boondock a lot, do you work on the road and use lots of tech?  Then you will probably need to upgrade your battery to have more capacity.

Everyone needs a brake controller- either installed in your underdash or a RF controller with a less invasive hook up.

You will need a leveling device. Bal and Anderson are both popular in addition to blocks.

Thank you. I have not looked into brake controlling yet. I had heard there is a new bluetooth system. If I find it I will post here.
    ColleenD2 said:
    @Travelin3D did your dealer tell you that? You can also have it done right after as a mod with Austin so they can just leave the hole for it. Anything can be done with Austin at the end. Our order is coming with a Maxx fan in 6 days. They also installed our hardwired Progressive EMS and our Victron Battery Monitor. You give them the mods you want and they will decide what happens on the line and which are done after. They won’t be done for free, but they will be done by the absolute pros. 

We tried out local dealer and they were not willing to deal with the changes we wanted. We found the next closest and his answer was always let me ask and let’s make it happen. We drove to Ohio for vacation, dropped off fabric for our seats and took a factory tour. We asked about every single thing we wanted, met with Austin, then typed up a big ole list that we emailed to the dealer 3 hours away. Best decision we ever made! We pick up our fully customized to our desire T@B on March 15th.
    Hi Colleen, I think I need to know Austin! LOL Does he work for the factory or near it? If you could forward any details it would be great. And thank you for the input. This is a really amazing group!
    @MikeJulieAdventure,

Austin is a nuCamp employee that works in the Non-warranty Repair area.  You can reach the department via email at:  repairs@nucamprv.com

He is the tops and has cute hair.

edited March 2019
    @MuttonChops the new stain is dark like the 400s. You can also see it here in a new T@G.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mufINeA0OnA

• RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    I sure hope that the a/c will not be moved to the passenger side under the bench. You won’t be able to utilize the Pahaque tent anymore if all that heat and noise is vented into the tent.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
    edited March 2019
    @RollingBnB  I was thinking the same thing,   and the fact the ac will vent right onto prime hangout drinking real estate next to the camper.   Short of a lot of ducting or venting under the trailer I don't know how it could be any other way.  of course with 13000 btu's you don't really need to leave it running all the time as it should make the tab an ice box very quickly.
    edited March 2019
    I was forwarded a couple of pics of the new 320 with the dark stain - sharing below.  It's different, but overall I'm ok with it. Like most changes, some will love it and others not.

• SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    The real question is what wood is underneath.  Have they switched from the Birch hardwood to a softwood?
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner