Options

2019 Plans?

13»

Comments

• Options
    zeppelfahrtzeppelfahrt Member Posts: 7
    Photomom said: Blue Ridge Rally in May, 
    Hello.  After several attempts I have been unsuccessful in finding any information regarding said "Blue Ridge Rally in May".  Could someone please steer me in the right direction?  I am new to this T@B game.
    Many thanks!

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Just de-winterized.  Prepping for a few days of dry camping :)
    Night time lows are forecast above 34F over the next 10-days.
    Is Winter Really OVER in my Region ?

Nearly time to return to the storage lot.  Have water pump on, so far no leaks. Have Alde on (AC mode only) and all seems correct - - - - -
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @zeppelfahrt, welcome to the forum. Do you own a t@b?
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    IstokpogaIstokpoga Member Posts: 22
    April Weikwa Springs SP (group)
    May BRR (group), Oconee SP (just the two of us), Vogel SP (group)
    June Keowee-Toxaway SP, ÜCamp (both group camp)
    September Aruba! (Mother-Daughter trip)
    October Topsail Hill Preserce SP (group), Trackrock (just the two of us), Cloudland Canyon SP (group)

I’m sure other plans will happen along the way!! Happy Trails!
    Fred & Victoria with Bichons Venus & Gator; On the shores of Lake Istokpoga, Florida; Tan@Bell@ 2017 Teal & White 320 S towed by a 2004 Nissan Titan and occasionally by GatorRoo, a 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6 L 
    "It's great to be a Florida Gator!"
  • Options
    Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    jkjenn; We live in the eastern panhandle of WV. DH is originally from western PA. I'm from northern NY. So, while we are still both working east coast travel it will be for a while. And we're okay with that. There is much to see and do east of the mighty Mississippi.
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • Options
    zeppelfahrtzeppelfahrt Member Posts: 7
    @zeppelfahrt, welcome to the forum. Do you own a t@b?
    Thank you dragonsdofly;  it is great to be here on this forum we have learned lots from it so far.  My wife and I will be picking up our T@B from Juniata Valley RV in Mifflintown, PA this Wednesday 20 March.  It is a 2019 320-S.  We plan to drive it down to Rockbridge County, Virginia for about one week of camping and familiarization, then bring it home to eastern North Carolina.  It will be our first real trailer.  Here is a picture of it.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    We we are heading to the factory, having our frame patched and a couple of mods done. 
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    Have fully Planned & mostly Booked the first big adventure starting with Memorial Day weekend visiting a Grandkid :) then:
    Off to Buffalo Camp (5 days) in American Prairie Reserve, central Montana
    Followed by a Dinner Train out of Lewistown, MT
    I have a little play in my trip itinerary and going through the Prairie Reserve and or  Missouri River Breaks are in the running. Have you been there, before? I just their brochures in the mail.
    @jkjenn ;  Nope, have not been to that part of Montana before.

Buffalo Camp was actually my second choice.  Had hoped that Antelope Creek CG (off US-191) would have been open.  Was told by Reserve staff that Antelope Creek should now open sometime in June 2019 . . . delayed from Fall-2018 due to contractor issues and weather . . . felt that was too iffy so I've booked Buffalo Camp.

Buffalo Camp will be a challenge for me . . . five nights/days is a long time for our small black water tank {is a waste tote in my future?} . . . also to reach Buffalo Camp is a 20 -to- 30 mile gravel road drive so am thinking about an AC Vent cover to reduce the road dust entering the T@B.  On the plus Buffalo Camp is said to be near the herd so some enjoyable wildlife viewing should happen.
    If your trip is later in summer months Antelope Creek might be a simple option.
    As of early June Antelope Creek CG was still closed - - - but Buffalo Camp in the Sun Prairie Unit is by far a nicer location for seeing & experiencing the work of APR.  I've just finished my 5-days there and will be returning!  Great Place.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    As of early June Antelope Creek CG was still closed - - - but Buffalo Camp in the Sun Prairie Unit is by far a nicer location for seeing & experiencing the work of APR.  I've just finished my 5-days there and will be returning!  Great Place.

Thanks for the info. They have had significant flooding this spring so I am not surprised. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Well my third and final Big Trip / Adventure of 2019 has been completed.

2019 has been the first full year of ownership with real adventures while the 2018 short trips were learning how things work and what works for me.
    2019 had three big adventures of nearly a month in length each plus many more old weekend local outings

Have always wanted to follow a highway, any highway, end-to-end.  That was the third big adventure for 2019.  Selected U.S. Route 26 as it is one of the shorter national highways, is still nearly 90% non-interstate, has one end 160 miles from my home.

The Route:
    A Few Camp Sites:
    Oregon Coast
    Central Oregon BLM
    Grand Tetons

Devils Tower

Road Hazards:

The Three Big Adventures  ==== read decals right to left

Now time to plan even longer adventures for 2020.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    Nice trip report @MuttonChops!  Tell us about the vultures(s).  Looks like one lost a wing?  Did you end up crossing that water?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Nice!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAM said:
    . . . Tell us about the vultures(s).  Looks like one lost a wing?
    Did you end up crossing that water?
    Unfortunately one vulture was killed. South of Devils Tower.
    Yes, did cross the water.  This was in NE or SD headed to Badlands National Monument on state highways. Picture is from while crossing.  Warning sign just said Water on Highway, not do not enter/cross the way major road flooding signs tend to.  Plus detouring would have been a couple hundred extra driving miles.  Water was not deep, could see yellow line (under amazingly clear water) the whole way.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    Really damaged your TV, too.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio