Options

Toilet plumbing changes?

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
I have been looking at plumbing photos related to Photomom’s water leak thread.  I came across a picture of @Fergie toilet water valve replacement in their 2015 TaB and noticed something different.  I don’t have my TaB here to compare.  But what is this extra pipe and flange on the wall?

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2019
    Well, darn, I can't remember off-hand if my 2015 has that pipe or not... I don't think so but I will check when I can.
    Regardless, about the only thing it could be would be an integrated black tank vent. I expect it ties into the main vent stack just on the other side of the wall.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    That sounds about right.  At some point they changed the plumbing!
  • Options
    FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
    Here is a better picture of the vent pipe. It is not connected to the toilet, but to the black water tank below and is definitely the vent!

Fergie

• Options
    Thanks @Fergie!  Helps to have a complete picture.  So, at some point in 2015 they must have redesigned the black/gray vent.  
  • Options
    Mine is like Fergie's. How are the later models different?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Never mind. I see from a photo in another recent post that the black tank vent outlet has been relocated to inside the wall cavity behind the toilet.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    I think I have bead on why the vent location has changed. Unlike the newer T@B shown in this factory photo, the black tank on my 2015 does not appear to extend forward into the cavity behind the toilet. Didn't nuCamp increase the black tank capacity from six gallons to eight gallons at one point?

2015 T@B S

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Fergie said:
    Here is a better picture of the vent pipe. It is not connected to the toilet, but to the black water tank below and is definitely the vent!

Fergie
    @Fergie do you have a 5 gallon freshwater tank, like me?

I believe at some point in 2015, they redesigned all of their plumbing. Early 2015 models had an indoor 5 gallon freshwater, 6 gallon black, and 11 gallon grey tanks.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    My 2015 is a December 2014 build--not sure how early that is but while my black tank is still 6g, I have the larger 19g grey tank and 11g FW tank.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ScottG said:
    My 2015 is a December 2014 build--not sure how early that is but while my black tank is still 6g, I have the larger 19g grey tank and 11g FW tank.
    Mine was built in the April-May time period of 2014.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn:

Not sure when in 2014-15 our S Max was built. We bought it in early fall of 2015 from a motorcycle/used car  dealer who was selling his T@B dealership to a larger RV dealer in our area in Southern MN to focus on vehicles. He wanted to get rid of his last one so he could reduce his inventory insurance. We got a very good deal on a new T@B as a result.

It has a 10(11?) gallon fresh water tank, 19 gallon grey water tank and a 6 gallon black water tank. At least these were the specs given at purchase and they have seemed valid thru use.

Fergie

• Options
    @Fergie, if you are curious, the fine print on one of the external stickers on the driver's side--I think it's one on the frame--will give a manufacture date for the trailer.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Finally got around to checking on the mfg. date! I had already taken a photo last year when dealing with the frame cracking issue. Build date was apparently 01/06/2015.

Fergie

• Options
    Actually AFTER that date. That is the frame mfg. date. Sorry!

Fergie

• Options
    That at least confirms that yours was one of the later 2015s. The sticker I'm talking about is clearly visible on the tongue without having to look under the trailer.
    2015 T@B S