Staying hitched for the night

ZippyAZippyA Member Posts: 46
The [email protected] manual indicates that it is not necessary to unhitch when spending the night at a site.  I'm a little confused about language from the manual:

"When stopping for the night, your camper is built to be safely parked in any spot that is relatively level and where the ground is firm. Your facilities are with you. You are self-contained. Unless the tow vehicle is needed for transportation, it is not necessary to unhitch.

Choose the most level parking spot possible. Stabilizing jacks or blocks may not be required for an overnight stay. However, if you put the jack pad on the hitch jack and run the hitch jack down to take the weight off the tow vehicle’s springs, it will provide some stability."

Question:

I'm not sure I understand "if you put the jack pad ON the hitch jack and run the hitch jack down to take the weight off..."

I use a little block of wood on the ground and lower the hitch jack onto it.  What is meant by putting a jack pad ON the hitch jack??  Should I not be using the block of wood?  Confused!

Aggie/2019 [email protected]; Alde Compact 3020 HE/2019 Toyota Rav4 Adventure AWD/ Rockville, MD (a D.C. suburb)

Comments