Downsizing

Hi, 
Thinking of downsizing from our T@B CS to a T@G or Vistabule trailer. Anybody want to weigh-in on which teardrop you like?
Thanks in advance!
 2016 T@B CS/ 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Comments

• dundonsdundons Member Posts: 36
    ps: Vistabule is at https://vistabule.com, I suspect you already are familiar with the T@G.
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    They look very similar in quality,  so I think it will come down to your personal preferences, and how pricey the add-ons are.   If I had a rear kitchen, I think I would love the pass through.  It would be easier to guilt the wife if I had to make coffee back there in a snowstorm, if she could see me. :)
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    T@G owner here.

a friend of mine got me into looking at the vestibule cause he was interested in them.  At first, I did not pay much attention to them.  Then one day, I went back at it, and was amazed how cool and well tought out they seem to be.  Seating position available for the bed, nice under bed storage, fairly well organized galley, pass true (I perso don't care much,wasted space), but no space for bigger tires low to the ground, and other things.

like every other TD outhere, it is always compromize, and I prefer the T@G.  But it is all personal prference, so. Best way to make a choice, is to go have a look and see what you like and don't like.  :)
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    Cosmo Weems on YouTube has a Vestibule and has lots of videos about it. Looks like a nice camper.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWgiFDDoHWU
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Ordered the Vistabule and posted the T@B for sale!
    Sold the T@B and are picking up the Vistabule next month. So long and stay well T@Bers! https://vistabule.com/

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Good luck @dundons!  Let us know how things go with your new teardrop.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @dundons, great travels and keep in touch now and again. Fair weather and good roads are our wishes for your future!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    We've now had two years of camping with the Vistabule. It is a fine little camper but I do miss that Alde heat! I recently installed a Yakima Road Shower to get some warm water too. 
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @dundons so nice to hear from you! Hope all is well. Continue to keep in touch now and again. -Denise 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    dundons said:
    . . . two years of camping with the Vistabule.
    . . . miss that Alde heat!

=)=) Yep, Alde system is something special.
    Vistabule is a nice looking/feature true teardrop - - - but I could never accept  not having a bathroom, so 320S is super nice + Alde heat :)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 76
    Over the years, we started out with a vintage tear drop. Other vintage and modern stand up trailers. T@G a year ago. Now the T@B 320S Boondock. T@G and TAB quality for the buck, can't be beat. Plumbing is handy.
    Gig Harbor Tom
    2020 TAB 320 S Boondock Lite
    2019 Toyota 4 Runner
    Puget Sound Country
  • nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 63
    My wife and I have actually owned all three - "baby bear T@G - papa bear T@B 400 - moma bear T@B 320CS"  Just like Goldielocks - our conclusion is that the Moma bear version T@B 320 is just right for us.   

We loved the minimal wind drag of the T@G, ease of towing, parking, and the outdoor kitchen.  We did not like having to change our clothes while lying down in bed and having no place to sit normally (in a chair) in adverse weather.  The lack of a bathroom was a hardship, but when you come from a tenting world, you are used to that.  All camping is at least a modified form of suffering.  Some can tolerate more suffering and others less.   

We initially just wanted to move to a T@B 320, but a salesman really thought we (like many others) would regret not having the room of the 400.  So we bought the 400 and we loved the room of the T@B 400 but it seemed like a monster to pull (I know it isn't - but in comparison to the T@G it seemed that way to us).  We did not like the indoor kitchen and wanted the outdoor one back - in every way.  We loved the plumbing and the indoor table for times when it is too cold or wet or windy to be outside.  We have had AC in all three models but have used it very little.   

We seemed to find our sweet spot with the 2021 T@B 320 CS.  We sleep wheel to wheel.  I wish the 320 CS was two inches wider, but we can suffer through it.  I wish there was 4 more inches of head room in the bathroom, but I can suffer through that too.  I will admit that I have dreamed of ways that NuCamp could address both of those issues and I think they are great ideas, but we can camp with it just like it is.   The quality build of all three campers has been very good.   

• AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,272
    @nbrandt We're in agreement with everything you says about the 320, except for the outdoor kitchen, but that's a personal preference. We also sleep wheel to wheel, so a couple inches on width would be on top of our wish list, but that is in no way a game changer. The 320 meets our needs just the way it is.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 76
    We have the 320 S Boondock. I would really would like a little more head room in the john. Indoor plumbing of the main reasons of moving up from a T@G. Have thought I would like to have the rear chuck wagon kitchen. Most all activities are outdoors. My bride converted to the twin bed configuration. All is well. Going in for wheels lub etc, frame rivet check, Alde check, and winterisation in the morning. See how the dealer treats us. I am not up to all that fun anymore.
    Gig Harbor Tom
    2020 TAB 320 S Boondock Lite
    2019 Toyota 4 Runner
    Puget Sound Country