Great Trash Can

Recently found this great little Camco 5 qt trash can, on Amazon.  It looks good and functions very well.  We have it mounted with adhesive tape on the door of our 320S, so it serves both inside and outside.  The flap is spring loaded and the receptacle is easily removed for emptying.  Dimensions: 13" high x 8.5" wide x 5" deep.  They also offer a smaller, 3 qt version.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJ86NWD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_StkxDbKWB4XGT

Comments

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    Did you mount this with screws or double sided tape?
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • teztabteztab Member Posts: 99
    @lkc001 It comes with screws but, as I think I mentioned, I mounted it with double sided adhesive tape (3M).
    duh, yes I see you did mention that--I was so interested in this trash can. . . . . !  Clever
    Woohoo!
    @lkc001 Yes, it really is a nice trash can that is thoughtfully designed.  I was looking for a long time and this one is exactly what I was hoping to find...
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Just make sure the screen is retracted before shutting the door!  😉
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited August 2019
    I just picked up. Similar sized container from the Cotrainer Store this summer, but I am using it for storage for things like my dog leash and his frisbee....OK, actually, it is Rocky's storage space. The command strips failed. I am going to try VHB adhesive before I resort to using the screws. 

Your option is cheaper, though. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

@jkjenn Looks like a very useful container.  I've not had much luck using Command strips for anything other than the Command hooks.  3M heavy duty tape seems to work much better, although more difficult to remove should that time come.
    teztab said:
    @jkjenn Looks like a very useful container.  I've not had much luck using Command strips for anything other than the Command hooks.  3M heavy duty tape seems to work much better, although more difficult to remove should that time come.
    It came with Command Strips and little spots to put the strips on the base plate (the container is magetic) so I thought I would give it a try.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

@jkjenn  I have that same magnetic container on the inside of a kitchen cabinet door— they are great— 

Woohoo!
    lkc001 said:
    @jkjenn  I have that same magnetic container on the inside of a kitchen cabinet door— they are great— 

I have one there, too! Paper plates are kept there for easy access.

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    I've got this one- and love it.  It will hang off any of the cabinet doors, or anywhere along the upper side "shelves".  I move it around a lot.  It's in the kitchen when cooking, and then up and out of the way- maybe next to the AC unit, when not needed.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FVNZ6BQ

Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
  • CoolparrotCoolparrot Member Posts: 18
    Hi Teztab, I too am considering that 5Q trash can. How has it help up with the 3M tape? I don't think it's possible to use the mounting screws because of the foam core door on the  320. Was just curious how it is holding up over time! Thanks for any response on this you can give! 
    edited October 2019
    Hi Teztab, I too am considering that 5Q trash can. How has it help up with the 3M tape? I don't think it's possible to use the mounting screws because of the foam core door on the  320. Was just curious how it is holding up over time! Thanks for any response on this you can give! 
    @Coolparrot Yes, the little trash can has been functioning exactly as we had hoped and provides a very space-efficient inside/outside means of handling our garbage.  The heavy duty tape has been holding up very well   However, if at any time I felt it needed additional support, I would not hesitate to add a couple of screws.  Since the outer layers of the Azdel are strong and the inner foam is extremely dense (see close up of section I removed when fitting our bathroom window) I find it takes screws very well.  As evidence of this, please see the stainless steel rail with hooks that is pictured here with the trash can.  I fitted the rail over two years ago, shortly after getting our 320, and it has not budged.  Although it is there for hand and dish towels and the like, it inevitably gets used as a very convenient door pull!  One consideration I would suggest is to always use sheet metal screws with a coarse thread that goes all the way to the screw head.  That way, the screw will always be biting the skin of the Azdel.

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @teztab I am not convinced screwing anything to the Azdel, especially the door with constant opening and closing and vibration will hold up. I drilled a hole in mine(not door, BUT same idea) to run a wire, drill went though both layers and that foam like it was hot butter, very little resistance. There is simply very little for a screw to bite into, the foam will hold nothing and you have maybe 2-3 threads on a course threaded screw clinging to that Azdel for dear life.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    @teztab I am not convinced screwing anything to the Azdel, especially the door with constant opening and closing and vibration will hold up. I drilled a hole in mine(not door, BUT same idea) to run a wire, drill went though both layers and that foam like it was hot butter, very little resistance. There is simply very little for a screw to bite into, the foam will hold nothing and you have maybe 2-3 threads on a course threaded screw clinging to that Azdel for dear life.
    I understand your caution, @N7SHG_Ham, and the probable caution of others, and I certainly do not advocate hanging heavy items with screws.  Plus I would always avoid drilling unnecessarily.  However, I stand by the experience I explained above: Coarse threaded sheet metal screws, with small pilot holes, will work for many items where tape fails or is not appropriate.