Options

Alde leak...could use some help

2»

Comments

• Options
    Todd77Todd77 Member Posts: 34
    Thanks everyone!  So far the tank is holding fluid.  I adjusted the pump to 1.5 and also adjusted another bit on the alde control panel.  Seems it was on cont vs therm.  In any case, so far so good and no additional leaks have been detected since yesterday.
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Just had the same exact thing happen to me. Only difference, is a 2015 320S. Checked the glycol level a week ago, it was fine. Turned the alde on so I could work in it. Worked fine. No bubbling sound of low glycol. Shut it off yesterday, turned off the battery, and unplugged. I go out today, and there’s the glycol on the cement. Absolutely no leaks anywhere inside. Alde drain plug is intact. I check the screw on the black tube, and it was tight. No pump adjustment on a 2015, and I have the old school thermostat. The only possible place that glycol could have come from, is the overflow tube. The question is, why?
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    @mona..  had a glycol leak also   mine came from the big black plug with the three hose in it..   was the flow asm. in diagram.. you can try and give it small tap.(brass thing on top), it might help if not …  Flow assembly needs replaced
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @mona See below for my post from Oct. 12th on this thread.  

Sharon_is_SAM said:
    @Todd77 This fall we had the flow assembly unit (A in the above photos) replaced.  We were having to add too much glycol and we noticed glycol residue on the flow assembly.  The Alde rep explained that it is part of the auto air bleeder system.  It has a one way valve and if the float gets stuck, the valve remains “open” and the alde will push out glycol instead.  This may be the source of your problem.  Austin at nuCamp said that he was seeing more of these issues with the flow assembly.  To repair it, you need to drain the Alde (mostly done in your case), remove and replace the flow assembly, then refill and bleed the system of air.  Kind of funny, the Alde rep said to give the metal flow assembly a couple hard wacks to try to unstick the valve float.  We tried that without success.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    I talked to Austin, and the flow assembly is the likely culprit. At least the timing was good. My glycol needs changed anyway. 

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Yes, we needed ours changed as well, so killed 2 birds with 1 stone:)
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    edited May 2020
    So the bottom of the closet in my 400 looks like there may be a leak in the tank, but it is not at all obvious where it is coming from. Oddly, the tank's cap seems really fiddly, that is, it's generally a loose fit and if you crank even a bit tight, it slips the thread and immediately becomes fairly loose again. All threads look fine from what I can tell. I'm guessing from what I can see (see images) that the cap was likely a bit loose, and the glycol splashing around in the tank on rough roads likely leaked through the cap. Has anyone else observed their cap not fitting at all tightly?

2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
    Jeff --Front Range of Colorado
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 590
    I'm not sure about the cause of your leak, but yes, the cap on the overflow tank in my 320S is also fiddly.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    TommyKTommyK Member Posts: 8
    MY Alde is overflowing from the reservior when I am filling the hotwater tank?

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited June 2022
    The auto bleeder valve on the TaB 400, is under the rear bunk, drivers side in the Alde compartment.  It has a brass cap, shown here circled in red:

Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.