What are your 2020 plans?

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
Where is everyone taking their trailers this year?

Last year I did a pretty big trip that took mu the northern US Rockies and the Candadian Rockies as far as Jasper. 

This year's plans are still under consideration, but I am hoping to try a second shot at Glacier and swing down through WY to CO.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    The only plans we've made so far is to go to Jonesborough, TN, in October for the 3-day National Storytelling Festival.  We and our cousins want to take our twin T@Bs there, so if anyone can recommend a campground near there, please let me know.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Know I'll have two big adventures and at least one rally.
    In 13 days leave for Snow Bird 2020.  This will be several days longer than 2019's trip and will have fewer formal State Park stops.  Have captured planned warm zone stops on a Travel Decal:

May has the Washington State East-meets-West Rally.

While in mid-September will attend a wedding in AZ, on trip back home plan to ride the Grand Canyon Railroad then head into Southern Utah canyons. Base route to be UT-12 with several sightseeing drives.  Hope to drive Hells Backbone FS Road (without T@B in tow).  It was "the road" to Boulder before UT-12 was completed.

Expect several more multi-day local adventures will happen.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • webers3webers3 Member Posts: 402
    First planned long trip of the year starts on 1/9 with many to follow throughout the year

2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    UT 12 is one of the best drives, anywhere.

Cottonwood Canyon is such a cool drive. If you have time, check out the area of the old Paria movie set (set no longer there.) Just down the road a little towards Kanab from where Cottonwood Canyon Rd meets US 89. Some of the most colorful rocks I have come across.

If you like to hike and can leave the T@b Escalante has some very cool slot canyon trails not far down Hole in The Rock Rd.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    We had a busy season last year with our "epic trip" out west. Follwed by several other shorter trips.  This season will begin with a trip in 45 days to Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi.  More planning to come.
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Florida's Atlantic Coast; Michigan's Thumb; Kentucky Music Week-Bardstown, KY; Evart, MI Dulcimer Fest; Platte River Campground, Sleeping Bear Dunes; Lake Superior circumnavigation; Black Mountain Music Fest, NC...........and who knows, maybe more!
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    After few shakedown cruises this spring , planing an 15-18 state, 7000-8000 mile adventure across the southern tier from CA to VA, then TN, KY, OH (NuCamp gathering?), IN (taking in the Indy 500), IL, MO, KS, CO then back home. Nothing rock solid yet but that's the plan. Theme: "No Freeways...No Fast Food!" As a photographer, also intend to capture the US Flag in some of the most unusual and patriotic locales I can find...thus, trying to stay off the beaten path. No doubt will hop on and off the interstates from time to time, tho.  

Any recommendations re: trip planning recources (other than the usual AAA TripTik which I'll certainly look into) would be greatly appreciated! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    First We Hit Tabazona, then sell the Tab so we can go bigger, then off to do the New England states.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
    . . . then sell the Tab so we can go bigger . . .

:o:s:|

Any ideas on what the next RV will be, beyond bigger ?
    . . . then sell the Tab so we can go bigger . . .

:o:s:|

Any ideas on what the next RV will be, beyond bigger ?
    Grand Design 2500RL
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
    JeffroNC said:
    Greetings,
    We got our Tab 400 last February and took some short trips to get used to it. I retired in July and DW Retired today!
    Here is our proposed route. We are calling it our second honeymoon. :-)
    We are starting on January 17th and will be back in about 6 months. Being the plan ahead type, I really like RV Trip Wizard.
    Our big splurge is at the Grand Canyon. We will camp in Williams and take the train into the park. 
    We will also be camp hosts in Idaho for two months at Dworchak Sate Park.
    Our previous camping experience was on motorcycles so packing light is not new to us. 

Some of those roads might be closed in Jan Feb time frame
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    @JeffroNC, looks like an awesome trip. Congrats on the retirement and here's to a safe and memorable adventure on the road! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• CherokeeCherokee Member Posts: 120
    Good Question!
    This winter, I'd like to go back to Anza Borrego State Park in California and pull our T@B into Sandstone Canyon

And park our T@B about where we pitched our tent last year:

1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (2" lift and 30" tires) 2019 T@B 320 Boondogle
  • jrhameljrhamel Member Posts: 101
    We are leaving on January 12 on our 1st epic trip with our 400 traveling from Wisconsin south to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. We don't have a timeline nor have we made more than a couple reservations. My wife and I will go until one or both of decides it's time to return home. Although we have a long list of suggested places to visit we will make decisions on the road as we go depending on how we feel at that moment in time. 

Happy travels to all
     20 T@G XL Boondock and 2019 Ford F 150 4x4

Madison, Wi
  • Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    We are taking a lot of trips closer to home with one to the UP Michigan. 10 day trip with two overnights at Harvest Hosts along the way. It'll take us 2 days to get there and 2 days to get home. Our first really extended trip with the T@b. So very much looking forward to it.
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    After getting our 320 BDL in May we've taken several more or less "local" trips out of NYC - western PA, Adirondacks, Catskills, Virginia. First major extended trip will be T@bazona 2020 (leaving tomorrow!). We will be learning a lot, I'm sure.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    This past summer, we went to the Carolina Canoe Club's week of rivers in Western NC. We're thinking of repeating that again in summer 2020. Plus, we tossed around a trip to the UP in Michigan, or Nova Scotia. We can't do it all, because I'm retired but my husband is not. So many ideas, so little vacation time! 
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Well, to start with, we plan to make the NuCamp rally.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My plans for last year find ‘the fully work out, so I’m not jinxing the plans this year😂. Sunny Day, Guido (new rescue dog) and I will travel, but it’s a secret😉
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    JeffroNC said:
    Greetings,
    We got our Tab 400 last February and took some short trips to get used to it. I retired in July and DW Retired today!
    Here is our proposed route. We are calling it our second honeymoon. :-)
    We are starting on January 17th and will be back in about 6 months. Being the plan ahead type, I really like RV Trip Wizard.
    Our big splurge is at the Grand Canyon. We will camp in Williams and take the train into the park. 
    We will also be camp hosts in Idaho for two months at Dworchak Sate Park.
    Our previous camping experience was on motorcycles so packing light is not new to us. 

Some of those roads might be closed in Jan Feb time frame

We took the steam rain to the south rim, it seldom runs. Great fun!

2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
    AirBoss said:
    After few shakedown cruises this spring , planing an 15-18 state, 7000-8000 mile adventure across the southern tier from CA to VA, then TN, KY, OH (NuCamp gathering?), IN (taking in the Indy 500), IL, MO, KS, CO then back home. Nothing rock solid yet but that's the plan. Theme: "No Freeways...No Fast Food!" As a photographer, also intend to capture the US Flag in some of the most unusual and patriotic locales I can find...thus, trying to stay off the beaten path. No doubt will hop on and off the interstates from time to time, tho.  

Any recommendations re: trip planning recources (other than the usual AAA TripTik which I'll certainly look into) would be greatly appreciated! 

The Allstays app, Boondockers Welcome (free spots), Harvest Hosts, Komoot app

Paulo Coelho
    Happy 2020 Jenn. Leaving Cape Cod for Nashville, then Gulfport, MS, January 15th. First winterized T@B trip.  Will definitely get to Acadia again this year. The rest of my travel involves flights this year. http://www.lisamorales.com/

Paulo Coelho
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    jkjenn said:
    UT 12 is one of the best drives, anywhere.

Cottonwood Canyon is such a cool drive. If you have time, check out the area of the old Paria movie set (set no longer there.) Just down the road a little towards Kanab from where Cottonwood Canyon Rd meets US 89. Some of the most colorful rocks I have come across.

If you like to hike and can leave the T@b Escalante has some very cool slot canyon trails not far down Hole in The Rock Rd.

Interesting, I drove the entire length through Cottonwood Canyon from Kaleidoscope Canyon to Highway 89 at Page, Arizona. I did it in a Monte Carlo while I was traveling in the area and pulling a Little Guy 4-wide about 10 years ago. When I stopped off at the BLM office just outside the entrance to the canyon the national parks services employee about swallowed her coffee when I told her I did it in a Monte Carlo. I did notice on the way out but there was a sign that said high profile vehicles suggested. I had a jeep come down one side of the mountain back in there as I was going up and as we passed we could’ve touched hands we were so close!  Beautiful area and is next to the Grand Escalante area.  I certainly wouldn’t recommend anybody driving a car back in there but if you had a four-wheel-drive vehicle it is doable, but you can see areas where there have been mudslides and the 2-track road has ruts at least a foot deep or more in areas that require driving between the rutted area. There was also a wash that I had to drive through at the beginning of the canyon area that made things interesting too.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • boonieboonie Member Posts: 83
    Leaving in a couple weeks , heading south thru Arkansas, then gulf shoreline. I have been looking at many area's from Corpus Christi, to Pensacola. 
    No time limits, just cruising and smiling. Later in the spring, we shall see the S.W.
    I'll put it like this, there will be many night's in the Tab :)

2018- 400- Colorado V6-Marin MT bikes :) 
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    BrianZ said:
    The only plans we've made so far is to go to Jonesborough, TN, in October for the 3-day National Storytelling Festival.  We and our cousins want to take our twin T@Bs there, so if anyone can recommend a campground near there, please let me know.
    @BrianZ, Roan Mountain State Park is not too far (~45 minutes) from Jonesborough and has a really nice state park campground I can recommend. October would be high demand so be sure and secure reservations early.  Very remote there; while there is WiFi in the campground, there is no cell phone service.  Closer still, there are a number of commercial campgrounds in/around Erwin, TN, though I have not stayed at them.
    . . . Snow Bird 2020.  . . .
    About ready to leave, have moved up my departure date to allow more time (stop overs) in Oregon on way south due to a full upcoming week of bad I-5 driving conditions.  Trip will now be 6-weeks.

Problem:
     + Help +  :)   Still learning what to take & how to pack =) .
    Colorado extended cab, "long box*" is full.

* Remember when all Pick-ups (except imports) had 6.5 or 8 foot boxes.
       This 'long box' just holds a full size bicycle.

• Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    My Tundra double cab hardly fits my motorcycle unless the tailgate is down :-(
  • Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    @MuttonChops if you put a cap on that bed you can start going vertical! 😉
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    We don't have any epic trips planned this year. BUT, we are going to üCamp '20! Managed to snag a spot. Can't wait to see everyone there!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.