What are your 2020 plans?

13»

Comments

• Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    @ScottG I would venture a guess that the average high in June is low 70's and lows in the upper 50's to low 60's. Always pack long pants, long sleeve shirts and a jacket. The weather is unpredictable at best up there. And bring bug spray. It is northern NY after all.
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • ginsbujginsbuj Member Posts: 44
    I'm planning on staying out of cruise ships. 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    ginsbuj said:
    Hahahaha!

But seriously, are we going to see a spike in parks attendance due to fear of traveling abroad?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    jkjenn said:
    ginsbuj said:
    Hahahaha!

But seriously, are we going to see a spike in parks attendance due to fear of traveling abroad?
    Maybe a spike too in that camping can be done with way less interpersonal contact than most forms of travel; certainly less than travel by plane and staying in a hotel/eating in restaurants.

That said, I have group trips planned for the first three months of the season, and as I’m in the heart of the biggest hotspot for COVID19 in the US, I have to wonder if any of them will happen. Maybe we’ll all just end up waving to each other from the safety of our own campsites.... 😂 (Seriously, if this keeps up, I’m abstaining from the potlucks, thank you very much.)
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    The opposite maybe.  RV Miles podcast just reported the national parks are seeing dramatically lower attendance in the last month. Credited to significantly less visitors coming from abroad. 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    DougH said:
    The opposite maybe.  RV Miles podcast just reported the national parks are seeing dramatically lower attendance in the last month. Credited to significantly less visitors coming from abroad. 
    Ahhh....true. Last fall we saw mostly Japanese tourists in the Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, and Banff.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Sheesh. I can walk and chew gum at the same time, and even keep a two-wheeler upright, but I fall down just looking at those photos!  :-)
    2015 T@B S