Options

What are your 2020 plans?

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    We don't have any epic trips planned this year. BUT, we are going to üCamp '20! Managed to snag a spot. Can't wait to see everyone there!
    Make sure when we meet you identify yourself as Dragons Do Fly! 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    All y’all amaze me with your epic trip plans. I’m so much more likely to be traveling on impulse.

That said, three trips planned so far, all short at 4 days each and fairly local, and all group events. A Sisters on the Fly event at Deception Pass in April (so all women), East Meets West in Wenatchee in May (so all Tabs), and Steamboat Rock in June (with a group of friends). Any later local trips, I’ll just have to catch reservations as people cancel.

Really hoping to head south for at least part of next winter, but we’ll see.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    We are planning a lengthy, out west, fall adventure.  So far, Custer State Park, Colorado front range, and the Mesa Verde area in Colorado.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    We are planning a lengthy, out west, fall adventure.  So far, Custer State Park, Colorado front range, and the Mesa Verde area in Colorado.  
    You are going to love it. I love fall travel.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I need to pick your brain @jkjenn!
  • Options
    I need to pick your brain @jkjenn!
    Feel free :)

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 586
    @VictoriaP I'll be anxious to hear about the SOTF event and Deception Pass. I too only have three short outings planned, so far.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    dsfdogs said:
    @VictoriaP I'll be anxious to hear about the SOTF event and Deception Pass. I too only have three short outings planned, so far.
    It’s likely to be much busier than I prefer and very soggy. LOL Wish you were coming up to East Meets West again! Maybe I’ll try to head down your way after June sometime.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    edited February 2020
    jkjenn said:
    You are going to love it. I love fall travel.
    HIGHLY recommend Spokane Creek Campground in Custer State Park. Close to Rushmore, Lead, Keystone. Grass spots. Store. Friendly folks. Badlands at sunset are incredible. Of course, Wall Drug...just because. Go thru NE stop in Alliance and visit Carhenge, then Bloody Mary at Ken and Dale's. Lots of adventures in that region. Have you been before? Enjoy the planning!
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    So far just Rock Island State Park in TN in March
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    @AirBoss, this will be our first trip to Custer.  We are booked at Sylvan Lake.  Coming from the Big Horns.
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Sylvan is good as well. You're going to have a great time. Enjoy and safe travels!
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    @AirBoss, this will be our first trip to Custer.  We are booked at Sylvan Lake.  Coming from the Big Horns.
    Beautiful area. Couldn't get into the campground but shot a sunrise there.

• Options
    RbarbeeRbarbee Member Posts: 2
    Just bought our 2013 CSS clamshell last fall, spent one night in it driving home from Dallas back to Wisconsin. We will spend quite a bit of time getting to know our camper on our land boondocking. Then it’s wide open.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited February 2020
    Rhubarb! We love rhubarb! Welcome to the forum, have fun learning all about your new T@B! (I hope to heck your username has something to do with the plant @Rbarbee🙂)
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @dragonsdofly...so glad you'll be back again....uCamp will probably be our first outing out unless we decide to do a quick trip to Sandbanks Provincial Park to tour some of the Prince Edward County wineries ...yummy!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006

We love the Black Hills and Custer State Park.  We've been there a few times and spent a week there last year at Bismark Lake C.G.  Mesa Verde is also an amazing place.  I highly recommend camping in the park and not outside it.  It'll save you drive time up to the mesas.  Plus the campground is very large and usually not busy.  Super dark and quiet at night there! Very peaceful in my experience.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Spending a week in southern Colorado camping at the Sand Dunes NP,  the Conejos River and Pagosa Springs.  Also doing a week in West Yellowstone MT on Hebgen Lake along with a few local weekend trips. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    I'm so jealous of all the cross country trips everyone is going on......one day. This summer it's back to the shores of Lake Huron (just over an hour from my house). Life is not too bad because I can work from the T@B all summer, but I do have to stay within easy reach of the homestead.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo
  • Options
    kellywkellyw Member Posts: 56
    I have several trips booked. So looking forward to getting back out into the “wild” lol 

March 27-29 Trap Pond State Park in Delaware with the Tear Jerkers Chesapeake Bay chapter

April 17-19 Little Bennett Regional park in Maryland with local friends - they all have behemoth campers and my T@b is the runt of the group but I wouldn’t have it any other way!

April 24-26 Kiptopeke State Park in VA - on the eastern shore peninsula. 

June 10-15 Fish Creek Pond With TearUp the Adirondacks group - because who doesn’t ❤️❤️❤️ Some ADK!

(Hopefully - waitlisted!) June 22-26 ÜCamp 2020 - I attended in 2017 & 2018 but couldn’t make it last year due to work commitments. 

Sept 30-Oct 5 Fish Creek Pond With the TearDown the ADK groups again!

Haven’t booked anything in July or August but definitely camping those months. Would like to do a longer trip out west but haven’t quite gotten that organized yet. 😋 Can’t wait for retirement. I can work wherever I have an internet connection but going west I’m a little unsure of a reliable signal. 
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock White/White; TV: 2020 Honda Ridgeline 
    2015 T@B Sofitel Silver/Silver;  TV: 2011 Honda Pilot
    Maryland's Eastern Shore - Ravens, Crabs, Bohs & O's!

Traveling with Violet Bean, most of the time...
  • Options
    Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    kellyw said:
    I have several trips booked. So looking forward to getting back out into the “wild” lol 

March 27-29 Trap Pond State Park in Delaware with the Tear Jerkers Chesapeake Bay chapter

April 17-19 Little Bennett Regional park in Maryland with local friends - they all have behemoth campers and my T@b is the runt of the group but I wouldn’t have it any other way!

April 24-26 Kiptopeke State Park in VA - on the eastern shore peninsula. 

June 10-15 Fish Creek Pond With TearUp the Adirondacks group - because who doesn’t ❤️❤️❤️ Some ADK!

(Hopefully - waitlisted!) June 22-26 ÜCamp 2020 - I attended in 2017 & 2018 but couldn’t make it last year due to work commitments. 

Sept 30-Oct 5 Fish Creek Pond With the TearDown the ADK groups again!

Haven’t booked anything in July or August but definitely camping those months. Would like to do a longer trip out west but haven’t quite gotten that organized yet. 😋 Can’t wait for retirement. I can work wherever I have an internet connection but going west I’m a little unsure of a reliable signal. 

@kellyw, I really miss the ADK camping. Went up to Rollins Pond last year and it's just so relaxing. Canoeing at dusk and listening to the Loons. Nothing else like it.
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    kellyw said:
    Coincidentally, I was there at the same time as the 2017 TearUp rally. We weren't part of the rally but sure did a lot of waving on out way out!  :-)
    Beautiful campground with all lakefront sites, but make sure you pack in a good screenhouse if you are going in June...  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    On a related note, I'm looking for a new-to-me locale in southern New England or New York State to spend a week sometime in June. Outdoor recreation opportunities (hiking, biking, kayaking) are a must. Smallish towns with infrastructure (like microbreweries...) nearby are a plus.
    I've been to the Lake Placid/Saranac lake area of the ADKs, the Catskills and Hudson River Valley, and the central Finger Lakes/Ithaca region.
    Anyone have any different favorites they can recommend in that general vicinity?
    I've eyeballed the Berkshires in western Mass. and the Delaware River Water Gap just over the New York border, so opinions on those areas are particularly welcome. Thanks!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    kellywkellyw Member Posts: 56
    ScottG said:
    kellyw said:
    Coincidentally, I was there at the same time as the 2017 TearUp rally. We weren't part of the rally but sure did a lot of waving on out way out!  :-)
    Beautiful campground with all lakefront sites, but make sure you pack in a good screenhouse if you are going in June...  ;-)
    I’ve experienced black fly season (aka June) in the ADK. I’m (coincidentally) bringing an entomologist with me. I’ve already told him he’s on bug zone duty that week - all measures are to be deployed including the Clam. 😂 
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock White/White; TV: 2020 Honda Ridgeline 
    2015 T@B Sofitel Silver/Silver;  TV: 2011 Honda Pilot
    Maryland's Eastern Shore - Ravens, Crabs, Bohs & O's!

Traveling with Violet Bean, most of the time...
  • Options
    ScottG said:
    On a related note, I'm looking for a new-to-me locale in southern New England or New York State to spend a week sometime in June. Outdoor recreation opportunities (hiking, biking, kayaking) are a must. Smallish towns with infrastructure (like microbreweries...) nearby are a plus.
    I've been to the Lake Placid/Saranac lake area of the ADKs, the Catskills and Hudson River Valley, and the central Finger Lakes/Ithaca region.
    Anyone have any different favorites they can recommend in that general vicinity?
    I've eyeballed the Berkshires in western Mass. and the Delaware River Water Gap just over the New York border, so opinions on those areas are particularly welcome. Thanks!
    Check out the Ithaca or Watlins Glen area in the Fi ger Lakes. It's my home area. Weather doesn't usually get beastly hot in June, beautiful lakes, lots of hiking, small towns, and plenty of libations.

• Options
    Thanks, @jkjenn. I've done Ithaca and the area between the big lakes (pre-T@B, not camping) but I do recall there were lots of state parks down toward Watkins Glen and beyond that looked like nice places. Any favorites in terms of bases for camping?
    2015 T@B S

• Options

The 1000 Island Region in NYS is beautiful, where Lake Ontario flows into the St. Lawrence River. Lots of small towns to peruse with wineries and breweries. The lake or river is perfect for kayaking, however the water is always cold (just my opinion 😊). There is a castle to tour, river cruises and you can pop over to Canada for a day visit.

Harpers Ferry, WV
  • Options
    Good tip--thanks, @Jackie_Dave. I haven't been to that region and it wasn't on my radar--it looks like a nice area with a lot to offer!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, Just be sure to go during the warmest summer months. The fall through spring, AKA Winter is brutal up there.
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • Options
    @ScottG, Just be sure to go during the warmest summer months. The fall through spring, AKA Winter is brutal up there.
    I was wondering about that. How's mid-June? Generally speaking, I do prefer cooler rather than warmer.
    2015 T@B S