NuCamp Referring all Parts Requests to Dealers as of 1/1/19

NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
edited January 2020 in Factory Comments
How much is the dealer markup?

I received this message from Elsie:

Hello,

Thanks so much for reaching out to your nuCamp family!  Beginning January 2019, we are referring customers to contact a dealer for any additional or replacement part.  With that said, any of our dealers will be more than happy to assist you in obtaining the part that you need.  If the dealer then refers you back to us, we are more than willing to help! You will still be able to pay over the phone and have it drop shipped wherever you would like (home, dealer, alternative location). 

To find a dealer to help you purchase the part, please visit: https://nucamprv.com/internal-dealer-locator/  Please have your vin number and photos handy when contacting your dealer.

Recessed water fill part id 68-60-5257

Hub cap part id 66-00-4640

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and we are certainly willing to assist should you encounter any difficulty.

Thanks! 

**Admin changed date on subject line to 1/1/19 as that was the official start date of ordering parts from dealers—Verna, T@B Admin
2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
Paulo Coelho

Comments

• NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    I'm now going in circles with a dealer I don't know calling Elsie (who isn't in) with the part numbers that Elsie herself gave me.

Paulo Coelho
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    @NomadPilgrim, this policy was instituted in January of 2019. There was a quite a bit of discussion at the time and IIRC members ultimately identified a few reliable dealers nationwide who could help with acquiring parts via phone order.
    I don't know if there is an official list of who those dealers were. Hopefully someone who has ordered parts in the past year will chime in with detailed advice.
    2015 T@B S
    I'm calling an "official" dealer near me. It seems really silly and a markup in between is not clear.

Paulo Coelho
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @NomadPilgrim don't mess with your local dealer call Missouri Teardrop.    they will order your parts with little hassle.  
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I agree with Cbusguy,  a call to Missouri Teardrop is the way to go. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    There will always be a markup when you buy from a dealer, because dealers need to pay their expenses. Dealers are set up to deal with the end customer (theoretically).
    Manufacturers generally don't sell directly to the public. They're too busy manufacturing to hassle with individual owner's needs.
    However, Nucamp is unusually helpful, and will try to correct the deficiencies you might encounter with a specific dealer...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 87
    edited January 2020
    you can call any nucamp dealer and they can order and have it shipped direct to you. that will keep the costs down if they don’t have to handle/ship it locally. Nucamp has published MSRP for major items. 
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @mgreen2  not all dealers want to be bothered with parts.    Last fall I contacted about 6 dealers trying to order parts and only two got back with me.    I followed the proceedure posted, by emailing the parts department and getting part numbers and then calling a dealer with the part numbers and paying them.

Some dealers will only order after receiving cash or a check.     To order a few small things,  the process took about a month to receive them.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
    So Elsie has the part in front of her. It will ship directly to me. Pete's RV will have nothing to do with it but I pay them and a markup they will not disclose. When did this become a good idea? Can you say e-trailer?  @Michigan_Mike

Paulo Coelho
  • B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 172
    So Elsie has the part in front of her. It will ship directly to me. Pete's RV will have nothing to do with it but I pay them and a markup they will not disclose. When did this become a good idea? Can you say e-trailer?  @Michigan_Mike
    Not only does Elsie have the part in front of her, and has to pack it up and ship it , she also has the part numbers too . Customers have to call Elsie to get the part number to give to the dealer as well ! 
    No part of this parts exchange makes any sense . Its possibly the worst parts system I have ever dealt with . ( and I am in the recreation business too !) 
    I could understand if the dealers had the part numbers at least , but the customer has to call the factory anyway , so whats the point of getting the dealers involved ..........who don't want to deal with it anyway ????
    If parts have to be ordered through dealer, than the dealers should have to have the parts schematics resources to make this whole process feasible, no ? Wouldn't you think nuCamp would be sending dealers parts schematics with part numbers if this was supposed to work properly ???

Come on NuCamp ........your better than this ! 

On a side note : Elsie is fantastic and can handle this no problem even if "dealers" were not involved in the process ! (which they are really not anyway !) 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2001 Chevy Suburban LT 2500 8.1 - 496ci
    2022 Jayco Jay Feather Micro 166 FBS  
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !  
    2021 Keystone Passport Superlight 229RK - SOLD
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black Trim. - SOLD
    2011 Keystone Outback 260FL 32' - 2 Slides . - SOLD

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    My experience is the dealer either knows the part or they do the contact with NuCamp and the order is then drop shipped to customer. I think NuCamp wanted to get away from working direct with customers and deal with a smaller dealer pool, especially as it relates to collecting funds, lots of book work that way.

If you are having to contact NuCamp, your dealer isn't doing the job they should!

I expect a markup, heck, I bet NuCamp was marking up previously too, every business marks up. They should be now offering dealer pricing to the dealer who marks up for retail.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • simonseyzsimonseyz Member Posts: 44
    NuCamp could make this easy by opening a Amazon store and selling the parts directly to us? 
    2018 T@B 400+++2016 Chevy Colorado, 3.6 V6
    Hamburg, NY
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    edited January 2020
    Or even easier, just go back to how they used to do it...There is no way that the current method provides any efficiency to NuCamp, and yet is a total hassle for NuCamp's customers - the perfect lose-lose.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
    atlasb said:
    I agree with Cbusguy,  a call to Missouri Teardrop is the way to go. 

Why? I have the part numbers-from Elsie-she has the parts-why should I have to call some guy in Missouri?

Paulo Coelho
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    edited January 2020
    nuCamp will not sell direct.  So, either contact a dealer to place the order and have it drop shipped or find the parts privately at a third party source.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I still think it's credit card fees. They probably have a PO system with dealers, but have to run credit cards for consumers direct, AND they want to strengthen their dealer network.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited August 2021
    And dealing with sales tax can be a pain.
    Retail sales is a completely different ball of wax from wholesale.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • linolino Member Posts: 224
    nuCamp will not sell direct.  So, either contact a dealer to place the order and have it drop shipped or find the parts privately at a third party source.
    Weather we like it or not these seem to be the only options.  But this can be hard to adjust to because calling NuCamp directly was not only faster but simple more efficient.  Who knows the parts better than the company?
  • linolino Member Posts: 224
    And speaking from direct experience, Elsie was the best