Valuation of 2007 T@b

Hi - I've searched on the internet trying to find a value for my 2007 T@b - has zip on tent and awning, though without a bathroom.  It's been difficult to find anything of that vintage.  Any suggestions?  I've called dealers, looked at loads of websites - all to no avail.  Any input would be appreciated!  Thank you.

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    The (very) general guideline is to take the last two digits of the model year and multiply by $1k. So, 2007 = $7,000.

That said, it assumes your rig is in perfect shape for its age, all appliances work, tires are four years old or less, everything has been well maintained, floor has NO soft spots, etc. Any lesser condition means less value, of course, just like a car or house. 

The state of the floor is especially critical, older Tabs have plywood subflooring that rots fairly easily. Replacing the floor is a $4k job that is not recommended for DIY unless you’re extremely skilled, since it requires completely dismantling the trailer.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • confusionroomconfusionroom Member Posts: 5
    When you state older models, what years are the plywood subflooring?
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    edited May 2020
    When you state older models, what years are the plywood subflooring?
    All the way from the first units through 2015 have at least partly plywood flooring. I believe all of the Dutchman models were simple plywood subfloors. My understanding is that of the Pleasant Valley (aka nuCamp) Tab versions, some 2016 models were Azdel floored and some still had a type of thin plywood as part of their composite sandwich structure. 2017 and later are all non plywood-based composite, almost always using the Azdel material. Plywood is a common material in older RVs regardless of manufacturer; unfortunately it does not tend to hold up well over time.

FYI: A small number of 2018 units had a material called GreenCore as part of that composite, due to unexpected shortages of Azdel that occurred after hurricane season. The GreenCore units are subject to buckling, and if it happens, nuCamp will replace the floor even out of warranty. Information on the specific units affected is here on the forum if needed.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • RamwahRamwah Member Posts: 1
    Best way to get free value of 2007 T@B is to go to NADAguides.com, select travel trailer, scroll down to Dutchman Manufacturing T@B, select year, add optional equipment, and enter for quote.  When I did this for 2007 T@B Clamshell, without any options, I received original suggested price of $15,060 in 2007, and a low retail price of $4,450 and an average retail price of $5,560.  If the buyer is using bank financing, these are the numbers they will be working with. NADA does not ask for your personal information in order to offer a quote, so they won’t junk up your email with advertisements after you use their on-line quote engine.   I hope this helps!