Finally brought her home - 2021 T@B 400 Boondock

awahlawahl Member Posts: 25
Hi All - 

Ordered January 9th, delivered from the factory to the dealer on March 20, picked-up by proud new owners May 1. We're excited to get her setup for our first trip later this month (to a private campground) and hopefully some more spontaneous trips as things begin to open up...!  

Some minor issues- the factory solar is not reporting any charge to the batteries- actually reached out to NuCamp yesterday and got a call back after hours with some possible solutions before we decide to take it to the dealer to fix... There is a slight ripple in the flooring between the head and galley - nothing too serious and we'll probably be putting a little rug/mat there anyway. A bit disappointed with the Jensen head unit and lack of DVD player but oh well... Storage is ample (2-way fridge version) and the new finishes are nice (the "Graphite" cushions are really lighter than they appear on the website/brochure).

She pulled pretty well on our trip home but thinking about a weight distribution hitch to decrease the "light in the front" feeling... could have also been our wonderful Michigan roads... The Colorado seems well suited to her. 

More posts to come as we get more familiar with our new 2nd home- camping in the driveway... We're trying to think of a name- Bo and Peep come to mind but I have a feeling those may be taken....  :)

Cheers & stay safe!

2021 T@B 400 Boondock  |  2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 

Comments

• DeeGracieDeeGracie Member Posts: 5
    That is great!  Congratulations!
    Prince Edward Island, Canada | 2021 T@B 400 BD On Order | 2016 Ram Rebel

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Awesome! Congratulations!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    Looks great!  Awesome color choice as well!  Looks just like ours, except we have the large fridge option.  As far as the solar goes.  First thing I would check is to see if the wires from the panels are plugged into the proper place on the solar controller.  They've been known to be plugged in wrong.  Solar wires should go into the "PV" holes.  Sometimes they get plugged into the "load" side.  Then wires from "Batt" to the battery.  Have fun with the new trailer.  We've had ours for over a month now and have not gotten to use her yet.  We can't wait to get her out!  

2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Awahi, welcome aboard and congratulations.  First off looking at your photo, your Colorado does not appear to be too low in the back.  What I do notice, is the front of your TaB is high, when hitched on the truck.  You need to get a drop hitch, looks like 2-inch drop should do the trick.  This will improve the towing feeling, and since your truck is not sagging  in the rear, I see no benefit to a load leveling type hitch, these are normally found on rigs towing much heavier trailer loads, like an Avia trailer.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    I use wdh with a honda ridgeline and the 400 don't need it for weight but its amazing with the big trucks and cross winds. Wouldn't tow without it.
  • DaveoAgogoDaveoAgogo Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have a measurement for the coupler height on the 2021 T@B 400?
  • awahlawahl Member Posts: 25
    Hello- 

I just measured and the coupler height is 18" (to the bottom) - the trailer is level front to back- Now, as pointed out above- she is sitting a bit high on my TV... The height to the top of my TV receiver is about 18"...  In our zeal to pick her up we used a 2" rise based on the dealer measured coupler height of 20" - (which is correct, but to the top of the coupler...)

So @Denny16 you are correct- I need to drop her about 2"....which based on my receiver height means I should use a straight (no drop or rise) hitch mount. 

HTH 

2021 T@B 400 Boondock  |  2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L V6 
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited May 2020
    Sounds like a plan to me.  I ended up needing a 2-inch drop on my Jeep a Gladiator truck, which sits a little higher without the trailer attached, so the tongue weight levels the truck up.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    To get our F-150 to sit level when connected to our 400, I have my adjustable B&W hitch set to 21 inches height before connecting.  It settles in when hitched about as level as I can get it.
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    Tabfortwo said:
    I use wdh with a honda ridgeline and the 400 don't need it for weight but its amazing with the big trucks and cross winds. Wouldn't tow without it.
    @Tabfortwo
    A fellow Ridgeline owner, soon to be towing a T@B 400. If you don't mind sharing, what WDH are you using and did you have to make any modifications to the tub or frame to install it?
    Thanks!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller