Options

Insure your dealer pays attention to the NuCamp order form

GbertrandGbertrand Member Posts: 39
This is just an FYI for any new purchase of NuCamp trailers......more specific to the 400

After 2 years of searching, comparing multiple manufacturers, and models we finally decided on a 2021 BDL 400. On Feb 4th we placed the order and anxiously awaited its arrival, on May 6th our dealer called to inform us that it had arrived at the dealership. A pickup date was arranged for May 13th (we are over 4 hours from our dealer), the day before we were to pickup our new caravan our salesman sent us a couple pictures, and that is were it all went WRONG 😂😂

We had ordered a t@b 400 c/w convenience package, boondock package, plus NO microwave, and the small 12v fridge (so we could have the large wardrobe locker)........when my wife, and I looked over the pictures that were sent to us it became apparent that our new 400 was a Solo package. We contacted the dealer, and after much investigation it came to light that when the NuCamp order form was made by the salesman he checked the Solo box as he nor the sales manager knew what a Solo was (see picture of our latest order form above) I can see how it can be confusing if you are not up on the models of t@b, and looking to check the 12v fridge only.........as a note we never seen this order form as the salesman did it with out us present from the dealer form that we filed out and signed, requesting a 12v fridge.

So after some scrambling our dealer was able to secure a new build with NuCamp, with ETA last week of June (another 6 weeks to wait), so long story short, most dealerships/salesman deal with 10+ diferent manufacturers and 100's of diferent models, and I am sure none of them can be experts on all of them, so insure all final paperwork is as it is to be........

We live in SE British Columbia, and the snow is just finally starting to melt plus weather is just starting to warm, not all is lost as we still have our old caravan, and can still get out camping..........looking forward to the arrival of our new baby

Last note, realy love this form, unbelievable amount of knowledge/ideas......thanks all
 2021 T@B 400 BD, 2019 F-150, or 2011 F-150 (depending on conditions)

Definition of Success….”moving from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm” (Winston Churchill)

Comments

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Dealer screwed up let me show you my surprised face
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    Bummer.  I think the order forms should be more descriptive to assist the dealers.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    Ha! Yep look closely at them.  Our salesman sent us a copy of our 2021 build form before he sent it off to NuCamp.  We had to correct out graphics package and color on ours.  Another funny build sheet story was when he then sent us the dealers build sheet copy on accident that showed how much the trailer really cost the dealer!!  And it was on a group email with NuCamp and his boss at the dealership!  He said he got some heat over that!! And begged me to not tell anyone the true cost! But made me glad I haggle the heck out of him to get our cost down!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, as a buyer, it is up to you do check the final paper work.  Ask questions, take nothing for granted.  Most dealers are small operations, only a few are mega lots with a dozen different lines.  A good organization will be up on their offerings, and have a sales person or two that are the resident “experts” on any given model or line.  Also, the sales manage should know the difference between different models and manufacturers offerings, after all that is the job description for a sales manager, he is the bottom line! 
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    GbertrandGbertrand Member Posts: 39
    Yes most definitely up to the buyer to insure paper work is correct.......but my point of the post was that we did all the paper work (and signed off) but the dealer filled out the NuCamp paper work wrong (the one that us as buyers don't see), due to the fact they were not familiar with t@b products/options 

We are limited to NuCamp dealers in our area, we originally tried to order directly from the factory but NuCamp told us it was not an option, so within a 12 hour drive there is only 2 dealers,  and as mentioned their focus (and to a large part knowledge of units) is on the big sellers jayco, forest river, airstream, etc.........if you have a knowledgeable dealer, excellent, if you have that gut feeling that the salesman is not up speed then insure you educate yourself, and then pass that on to the salesman  

Have a great weekend all
     2021 T@B 400 BD, 2019 F-150, or 2011 F-150 (depending on conditions)

Definition of Success….”moving from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm” (Winston Churchill)
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @Gbertrand
    Excellent advice!  Educate yourself--and then educate your salesperson.  A good (though lengthy) way to learn about TABs is to wander the dealers lots, compare different models and different units, take notes and pictures (even videos) and then study them.  Not easy with the dearth of dealers in most parts of the country but better than ending up with a surprise after the purchase.
    When I was shopping for my 400 I ran into many (most of them) salespersons who knew very little, if anything, about TABs or nuCamp.  When I asked questions they would give me what ever answer that seemed like it might work--and tried their best to steer me towards a bigger, more expensive rig.  Even some of the well known and highly touted (here and elsewhere) dealers seemed less than knowledgeable.  I finally found a dealer who specialized in smaller trailers and carried more than a few TABs.  He knew a lot about them but even he was wrong a few times.  He WAS willing to listen and learned from his errors.  He even called nuCamp in my presence to ask about things we couldn't figure out.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited December 2020
    Now, that’s the kind of dealer you want to do business with.
    I had the same experience, very knowledgeable, and willing to go the extra mile.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,190
    I know this is a long-dead thread but wanted to add a couple of tips. 

I actually filled out our order form (found a pdf on this site) and had the dealer sign it along with my signature. Not sure it has any legal strength but at least I can fall back to that if they screw up. I also have multiple emails going over the exact options we want and the dealer confirming it. 

So if something gets screwed up it’s going to be on the dealer or Nucamp at this point. I quadruple covered my end.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road