Accessories for 1st T@b trip?

schoutschout Member Posts: 29
edited October 2020 in Products and Accessories
We're buying a 320S.  I'm sure we'll figure out what accessories we need over time, but I"m wondering if folks have recommendations for things we should get before our first trip?  Especially things that aren't part of our tent camping gear kit.  So far, I've got a hitch lock on my list.  

Thanks for any suggestions!
2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
2020 Toyota Highlander

Comments

• webers3webers3 Member Posts: 402
    Keep that tent camping mindset, the less the better. Get out there and enjoy, good luck.
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 79
    You are going to love your T@b!  Camping in our 400 is just like the big family tent except better and more comfortable.  Presuming you have all the flashlights, rain flies, cooking and sleeping gear you want or need, my suggestions include wheel chocks and some sort of leveling system.  Our Scrabble board is a permanent item in ours just because we can!  Have fun.
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Get a wheel lock or two to go with that coupler lock. The best security system is layered to make it obvious that stealing this trailer will take more time than it’s worth risking.

Before spending money on anything else, call your dealer and find out what they include. Some dealers provide a basic package of things such as hoses. While it’ll be the cheapest stuff on the market, it’ll do until you have the chance to research better products.

The bare necessities off the top of my head:
    Sewer hose
    Potable water hose
    Water pressure regulator
    Wheel chocks
    A level (or leveling app for the phone) and 
    Leveling device (blocks of wood, “lego” style blocks, BAL leveler, or Andersen leveler are all possibilities)
    Basic tool kit
    Surge protector/EMS

Also, search this forum, there are lists for beginners that have been posted over the years. Congratulations on your new rig!

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Definitely a BAL leveler.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Add an assortment of spare fuses is also recommended, just in case.  There are different types in many locations, so take the illustrated "Fuses for Newbies" PDF guide with you for reference.
    It's under @ScottG 's FuseFinder topic..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/6381/fuse-finder#latest

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 423
    This was a good discussion about the tools in the tool kit. https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/128315#Comment_128315
    Be sure that you have a plan/tools for dealing with a flat tire...the correct socket, breaker bar/torque wrench, jack, and stands. 

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Check to make sure your lug wrench fits both your trailer and tv tires
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    jgram2 said:
    Check to make sure your lug wrench fits both your trailer and tv tires
    Harbor Freight is your friend for these types of tools.

I got 2 different sized 1/2 inch drive impact wrench sockets (only type they sell separately) and a long breaker bar for less than $15. 

One for the T@B wheel lugs and one for the spare nuts. 

I'm going to pick up one for my truck lugs also, instead of relying on the cheesy lug wrench that comes with the truck.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • schoutschout Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  And for the links to other discussions.  
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2020 Toyota Highlander
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I just bought a BAL leveler, but only because we had issues this winter driving the camper up onto the blocks on icy ground.  It's big and bulky and will take up space in our SUV, so I don't plan on using it in the other 3 seasons.  You need the blocks for the stabilizers, so I'd wait on the BAL and start with blocks.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra