Options

Electrical system is dead in T@B in Battery mode

Came back from boondocking and upon return the electrical system does not work on battery.  I took the battery to Auto zone and the battery checked out fine.  reinstalled the battery and still nothing on Battery mode in camper electrical system.  Everything lights up in camper when plugged into electrical outlet and on electricity mode.  I assume it must be a fuse or breaker - probably a fuse from battery to the rest of the trailer resulting in no power to the trailer.  Is there a diagram somewhere indicating which fuse to replace first - I don't see it in the instructions provided by NuCamp  

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Terry said:
    Came back from boondocking and upon return the electrical system does not work on battery.  I took the battery to Auto zone and the battery checked out fine.  reinstalled the battery and still nothing on Battery mode in camper electrical system.  Everything lights up in camper when plugged into electrical outlet and on electricity mode.  I assume it must be a fuse or breaker - probably a fuse from battery to the rest of the trailer resulting in no power to the trailer.  Is there a diagram somewhere indicating which fuse to replace first - I don't see it in the instructions provided by NuCamp  
    There is a good chance it would be the fuse right at the battery. Should be a 30amp fuse. Someti.es dealers put in a 20 amp fuse. If they did, replace it with a 30 amp fuse.

You do have the battery switch turned to on, right?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Review the forum section 'User Manuals/PDF files/Videos & Resources'  depending on which T@B model you have a diagram (or very similar one) maybe in the files.
    For your specific issue, check three fuse locations:
    First, in-line fuse holder at Battery positive terminal
    Second, WFCO Power Center 30-Amp Battery fuse . . . Red Box in picture below
    Third, WFCO Power Center reverse protection fuse (fuse below red box)
    Side Note:
           House fuses 1-6 have an LED that turns-on when the fuse is bad.
           The Battery fuse (red box) and Reverse Protectin fuse do not have indicator LEDs
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,449
    @Terry, you might give this recent discussion a look. There are several potential places in the system where the battery can get disconnected from the converter. Please report back what you find.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    If you have a tab400 2019 the battery switch has a resettable trip behind it. That may have tripped.
  • Options
    gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    Tundra57 said:
    If you have a tab400 2019 the battery switch has a resettable trip behind it. That may have tripped.
    That one happened to me while camping.  Got to our location, unhooked, and no power.  Plugged back into the truck and everything worked.  So in this situation it seems like it has to be something between the battery and the WFCO.  The manual didn't say anything about that device that I could find and I wasn't sure how it worked.  But I pressed the lever on it until it clicked into place and all was well.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    That little device next to the battery switch on the TaB400 is a circuit breaker.  It is also easy to bump on some trailers, switching it off.  When battery power is list, this is the first thing to check.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    Denny16 said:
    That little device next to the battery switch on the TaB400 is a circuit breaker.  It is also easy to bump on some trailers, switching it off.  When battery power is list, this is the first thing to check.
    cheers
    That is exactly what happened to me.  It tripped due to being bumped - not due to an electrical overload - which seems a little odd to mount it in a location where that is so easy.  But now I know!
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW