Options

Back from First Trip with 2021 T@B 320 CS-S

My husband and I just got back from our maiden voyage with our 2021 T@B 320 CS-S.  We had been tent campers before.  We loved not having a tent...omg I can't even explain how much better this was.  Couple of questions and mods we would like to try.  First of all the fan in our model only has three settings.  I felt like even the 1 setting was a bit too cool and loud.  I saw that others on here have done fan mods but they seem to be for the 400 model.  Could anyone tell me specifically what we could get that would fit in ours.  I like the idea of a rain sensor and more speeds.  Also we noticed when taking a shower that water was coming out of the bottom of our door.  This is because the little plastic guard they have on the bottom of the floor/lip doesn't seem to be tall enough.  It leaves a narrow gap (between floor and door) through which water could come out.  I hope that makes sense.  Anyone else notice this?  What can be done...other then I guess be careful and try not to aim the water down there.   Thanks so much all.

Comments

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Google maxxair deluxe fan... it's on our upgrade list...and with the remote...thanks @Photomom!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 63
    All of the fan upgrades and modifications that you see on this forum for the T@B 400 also apply to the fan you have in your 320 CS-S.  Pick the modification you want based on your budget for as little as $12 (+ or -) to $185 to$200 +.
    The fan modification also has another large advantage and that is less power consumption, which is just as important as less noise and air if you are camping without power.
    nbrandt
    2021 320CS-S (former T@B 400, former T@G)
    2015 Tundra 4.6

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    RV fans are a standard size. The question is, what kind of upgrade do you want, how much are you willing to spend, and are you able to DIY the install or do you need to add labor hours to your budget?

You can upgrade your current Fantastic Fan with a kit, and that will get you the rain sensor. However, the rain sensor doesn’t automagically reopen the vent when it stops raining, and your trailer can get pretty muggy. 

You can get a vent cover that will allow you to leave the vent open in the rain. But that adds significant height to your trailer. This is likely the easiest solution, but doesn’t change the number of speeds unless you also add an upgrade kit.

You can replace the fan entirely with a Maxxair MaxxFan (with or without a remote) which has a built in cover that when closed is the same height as your current fan. But that’s a more complicated install, because the roof cannot support the weight of the person installing. Regardless of which model you pick, this is likely the priciest option, and even more so if you pay for install. Reasonably handy people can DIY it, and there are threads here and on the Facebook groups discussing it.

I’ve had several RVs with Fantastic Fans over the years. The MaxxFan wins my vote, hands down. Worth every penny, and I did pay for install. My dealer put it on before I picked up my trailer, and it’s my second favorite mod after the powered trailer mover. I did skip the remote, as the 320 is small enough I felt it wasn’t necessary.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    AliaseAliase Member Posts: 17
    Thanks so much everyone.  Very useful info.  We wanted to try the upgrade ourselves so maybe not maxxfan just yet... :)
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Aliase said:
    Thanks so much everyone.  Very useful info.  We wanted to try the upgrade ourselves so maybe not maxxfan just yet... :)
    I just added an AeroFlo vent cover and the variable speed motor to my Fantastic Fan. Big improvement for half a days work and ~$60. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Thanks Marceline for the post.  To be clear would it be this part that I need:  https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-and-Fans/Fantastic-Vent/FV807357.html     The manual with my current fan says it is a Dometic 1450.
  • Options
    LloydLloyd Member Posts: 34
    For what it's worth, I researched the various options and found that simply replacing the 3 speed (loud, louder, and loudest) switch with a 50w 25ohm rheostat resistor is the easiest fix rather than replacing the fan or adding the variable speed motor controller. The one advantage of the variable speed motor controller is less power consumption, but I found the simplicity and ease of installation of the rheostat resistor to be superior. Cost of the rheostat resistor under $12 and it works great and it is extremely quiet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081JZGJJH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

2020 T@B 400 w/ factory solar
    2015 Nissan Frontier SV, 4WD Crew Cab
    Cottage Grove, MN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Aliase said:
    Also we noticed when taking a shower that water was coming out of the bottom of our door.  This is because the little plastic guard they have on the bottom of the floor/lip doesn't seem to be tall enough.  It leaves a narrow gap (between floor and door) through which water could come out.  I hope that makes sense.  Anyone else notice this?  What can be done...other then I guess be careful and try not to aim the water down there.   Thanks so much all.
    I do not have this problem on my 320. I am wondering if the bathroom door doesn't need to be adjusted. Contact your dealer. If they are unable to help, email the warranty department at nüCamp. They will take care of this for you!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Don't own a 320 but will echo what @jkjenn said about nuCamp customer service folks. Top-shelf, one of the best in the industry in my experience. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Aliase said:
    Thanks Marceline for the post.  To be clear would it be this part that I need:  https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-and-Fans/Fantastic-Vent/FV807357.html     The manual with my current fan says it is a Dometic 1450.
    I did the cheapie fix described in the thread linked in my earlier post. The part is about $15. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone.  Just wonderful help and people on here.  
  • Options
    YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 345
    will this pwm work?  the one you all used seems to be unavailable...

i love the help!!!

Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT