Options

Isabella Deluxe T@B 400 Sun Canopy from Allpro Adventures

Just received and did a driveway setup of the Isabella Deluxe T@B 400 canopy. 
First install without looking at any directions took about 15 mins doing it by myself.  I imagine it will be half that next time.
So far, I'm very pleased with how it fits and looks. A few other members had commented on how this particular awning was the sturdiest of the bunch, and that was a big factor in my decision to purchase - and I'm not at all dissapointed. It is very nicely constructed, and does indeed seem extremely solid when assembled.
There isn't a ton of info about these that I found, so if anyone has any questions, just let me know.

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller

Comments

• Options
    NoVaGuyNoVaGuy Member Posts: 95
    Set mine up last weekend.  It is great.  
    States Visited Map

2020 T@B 400 BD Lite
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Thanks, we are also considering this canopy.  How far does it come out from the TaB?  It looks grand setup on he trailer.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @Denny16
    It is 6' deep. In my photo, it is facing due south with a high noon sun pointing straight into it...and still manages a nice 3' wide patch of shade. And I really like (and wanted) the open sides...It can get very hot under a closed canopy.
    The visor type awnings are certainly easier to setup and haul around, but this is one of the few that actually makes some real shade from the research I've done. 
    Everything has that pros & cons list!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Elwell Corp is also a distributor of these, and they will sell direct over the phone.  I priced one from them, but decided to wait and consider the inflatable one from Walker.  Will probably settle on the Isabella though.
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 929
    edited August 2020
    ChrisFix
    Very nice!  Ours is on its 10th season and still in very good condition.  It pitches straight and tight every time.  I think you will be very satisfied.  BTW - It still takes me about 15 minutes even after years of practice. but I'm old, slow and in no hurry.
    Have fun!
    Bob

• Options
    TNOutback said:
    Elwell Corp is also a distributor of these, and they will sell direct over the phone.  I priced one from them, but decided to wait and consider the inflatable one from Walker.  Will probably settle on the Isabella though.
    I saw a post yesterday by a member who had just ordered the inflatable canopy...
    I was torn on which to get, but made a decision that the Isabella seemed like a sturdier build...and puncture proof!!
  • Options
    @rfuss928
    Your canopy looks great! It's nice to know it has that kind of longevity too.
    I'll work on my assembly timing and let you know how I make out!  :)
  • Options
    @ChrisFix I agree with your decision, especially after watching the Walker European setup video and all of the guy lines that have to be deployed to anchor it down and keep it taut from the camper.
  • Options
    kellywkellyw Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2020
    @ChrisFix - it looks great. Have you tried it in the wind and do you feel that the quality is worth the price? Also is it waterproof? I have a beautiful visor by DotyHillDesigns but it’s for the 320 I’m selling. I know I can still use on 400 although without as much coverage - so I was looking at the Isabella canopy as a replacement - but it would need to be completely waterproof and sturdy in wind for me to splurge on the awning. Are there guy lines or just the straps needed to hold it in place?
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock White/White; TV: 2020 Honda Ridgeline 
    2015 T@B Sofitel Silver/Silver;  TV: 2011 Honda Pilot
    Maryland's Eastern Shore - Ravens, Crabs, Bohs & O's!

Traveling with Violet Bean, most of the time...
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @kellyw
    Worth the price is a tough one for me to answer - as I think all the available canopy solutions are a bit over priced for what they are. But I also get that the volume on these are really small, and they have to make a profit.
    That being said, I give an enthusiastic recommendation on the quality and fit of the Isabella. I truly don't think there is a better canopy for the 400.

I have not actually had it out in the rain yet - so I can't tell you about water-proofness. It does seal to the camper completely via the keder, so I don't think you'll have any water there, and it is a heavy canvas which should shed most if not all water...and it has much larger coverage than a visor, so that should help too.

The two uprights have a foot to peg them down - which is all I've used so far - and it hasn't budged an inch with just that - but again, I've had limited use so far and no major wind.
    It does come with 3 guy lines (both ends and one for the center front edge), which I understand anecdotally keep it fully planted even in very strong winds.
    The design has horizontal poles supporting the canopy from the keder to the front of the canopy, and assembled is very sturdy and the canvas is tighter than any other design currently available, which I really like. 

Also, All Pro Adventures is a very solid company to deal with. Would buy from them again without hesitation.
  • Options
    kellywkellyw Member Posts: 56
    Thanks @ChrisFix! I agree the options are all a bit pricey and like you said, there’s not a huge market so I get they’ve got to make it worth the price to manufacture. Can you tell where it’s made?
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock White/White; TV: 2020 Honda Ridgeline 
    2015 T@B Sofitel Silver/Silver;  TV: 2011 Honda Pilot
    Maryland's Eastern Shore - Ravens, Crabs, Bohs & O's!

Traveling with Violet Bean, most of the time...
  • Options
    @kellyw
    I haven't seen a "made in" tag on it...but the printed material seems like it is imported from EU...it's in many languages. 
    It is a quality build, wherever it is made.
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    They are from Europe as per their website. They are partnered with ElWell.
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    @ChrisFix Looks great. Unfortunately I purchased the walker awning when I got my Tab and  I have yet to put it up. I camp alone and I dont think I can pull the canvas through the rail on my own. I made up a pulley which fits in the rail and by using a rope through the pulley clamped to the canvas with tarp clamps, I hope to be able to pull the canvas through the rail by pulling on the rope and feeding into the rail at the back. Have not tried yet. Your awning looks like it would be much easier for one person to set up.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @Tundra57
    I have no problem putting the Isabella up by myself...but I'm a bit over 6' tall and that helps. Much shorter than that and you would want/need a step stool or similar to be able to reach the middle horizontal brace.

Also, I'm able to feed the entire canopy into the keder from the back of the 400 - just pushing it into the track, with no need to pull from the front edge- so that does help with a one person install as well.
  • Options
    The Isabella is from a Danish company, and as Dutch061 said, Elwell is the US Distributor.  You can purchase from Allpro, or buy direct from Elwell.
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    @ChrisFix, when its really sunny and hot, being as the temp control is near to door, it struggles to maintain temp. in shade that side its fine. So I think an awning that side would really help. 
  • Options
    Stephene1212Stephene1212 Member Posts: 8
    I have had the Isabella out in really big thunder storms and it has neve leaked at all.  
  • Options
    I have had the Isabella out in really big thunder storms and it has neve leaked at all.  
    I had not used my Isabella in the rain until just the past couple of days in the Blue Ridge Mountains (where Fred is making this a very easy test)...and I also had no leaks after a soaking, non-stop 18 hours of rain. First time I've been able to grill outside in the rain and be completely dry - was quite the treat!!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I had the “opportunity” to try out my 320 Isabella awning in a Colorado Monsoon thunderstorm. I would have left it up, but the ground was so soaked from previous storms that the three 8” tent pegs driven in at different angles could not hold the one leg down. I even had two 2.5 gallon water jugs filled with water strapped to the one leg. The other leg was strapped to a heavy picnic table on the concrete patio and that leg was not moving. 

Watching the one leg moving I decided to take the Isabella down. It took two of us to dismantle the Isabella and throw it into the truck (yes, it got dried up after daylight). 

So, the Isabella would have withstood the 50 mph (estimated) if I could have used 18” long nails. (The campground had an irrigation system and I didn’t know where the pipes were.)

And, the underside of the Isabella was dry—it is waterproof.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”